Help with amp power injector Location

nark

Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Im living in Fairfax county Va-going HD this friday with d@ network...I went and bought the small 15-2160 UHF antenna from rat shack...my towers are all 19 miles away in Wash DC and all lie at 89 degrees on UHF channels...Im giong to do attic setup and Ive seen several posts on this site saying that the people in my area are using an amp with this antenna (a few without)to get a boost on an average signal-now do I put this power inject up in that attic, close to the antenna-or do I hook it up from the wall outlet to the tv...?
Ive got antenna-transformer-amp-then power pack-then coax to wall-short coax and thus to tv OR
antenna transformer amp-coa:mad:say 75')-wall-short coax-power pack-tv

Only 1 tv in this set up-oh and Ive seen in the manual that no splitters between power pack and tv-does a X2 female F connector count as a splitter-as I will need one if I put the power pack up in the attic, its TV out line has a male end and my coax lead up there is male also...

Hell I might not even need the amp...
Sorry for the noob questions-I have searched all over the boards for this answer-have found others though
All this and my sox might win before I get the HD on friday

Welcome!

To answer the question of the power amp, when they say no splitters, they mean no 2 way or 4 way splitters. a double barrel female connection will work fine.
I've used many of these amplifiers for antenna and thats the one thing to remember...no splitters
oh, and if the connector is out in the elements....wrap some duct tape or electrical tape around it...there's plower running through that thing and you can get shocked :)

I ended up putting the power injector near the tv-the antenna works great...25 bucks for the antenna and 35 for the amp Im getting 12 OTA local digital channels here in DC-freaking amazing watching football in Hidef on local stations-why did I wait so long

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)