Help with BEV in So Cal

hockeyck

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 8, 2005
I have been having tons of problems with my BEV here. I lost all signals and got a new dish 500 dish and a 6100 reciever. Changed the programming with my broker (TVM) and now I am only getting a few channels (maybe 30). I am locked onto 91 but not getting hardly any channels. Even ones I should be getting.

Let me know

Thanks

Brian

I know only a few are available, but I was getting basically none. I did a re set and now all the proper programming comes up, but no HDTV now....

hockeyck said:
I know only a few are available, but I was getting basically none. I did a re set and now all the proper programming comes up, but no HDTV now....

Im also in Socal, and was not getting enough signal with a 50cm Bell dish from 82w.
Added a 30" dish and my signals were went up significately.

I also have programming from TVM and I get all of the HD channels i'm paying for including:

CFTO-DT (CTV - Toronto) HD
(Global TV - Toronto) HD
CBLT-HD (CBC - Toronto) HD
CITY-DT (City TV - Toronto) HD
CTV HD West (CTV - Vancouver) HD
WHDH-DT (NBC - Boston) HD
WCVB-DT (ABC - Boston) HD
WBZ-DT (CBS - Boston) HD
WFXT-DT (FOX - Boston) HD
WGBH-DT (PBS - Boston) HD
KING-DT (NBC - Seattle) HD
KOMO-DT (ABC - Seattle) HD
KIRO-DT (CBS - Seattle) HD
KCPQ-DT (FOX - Seattle) HD
KCTS-DT (PBS - Seattle) HD
WGN-TV (WB - Chicago) HD
Bell ExpressVu HD
Raptors NBA TV HD
TSN HD
Rogers Sportsnet HD
SRC HD

With plenty of signal that averages from 72-84% from 82w. I would suggest you do the same so accomplish the same results.

BTW: I get an average of 80-100% signal from 91w.

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
you can't. It should be one or the other depending on address
LOL, actually i dont get either one. I pasted the list from Lyngsat and just noticed that those 2 channels were included in the earlier post of mine. :shocked

Last edited by a moderator:
philhu said:
Well you can. It just takes 2 rcvrs and 2 brokers :D :D :D

Nahh.. sounds like too much trouble to me, I'll just stick with HBO-HD and SHO-HD from my current DirecTv sub. :music:

I am curious....did upgrading to the 30' dish in So Cal allow you to get the odd transponders that are on N3?

Gaztown said:
I am curious....did upgrading to the 30' dish in So Cal allow you to get the odd transponders that are on N3?

No, those transponders don't come in at all for me. My main usage is Nimiq2 where all the HD channels are located, and occasionally Nimiq1 whenever I'm bored, :eek:

Thanks for the help. I am still getting no signal on 82 but an 85% on 91... Could it be the LNB not working? I am going to try and upgrade to the 30 inch dish, but need someone to install it.

I have had BEV in the Bay Area for 4 years. Started. w. an 18" dish. Signal from N1 was/is quite strong. When they added N2 at 82, I put in a 30" dish and use a switch to combine the two dishes. The 30" gives me readings in the low 80's on 82.
When they moved the "odd" transponders to N3 - no one here and south can get signal - even w. a very large dish according to posts on the active forum at www.kusat.com.
My guess is that an 18" dish for 82 may be marginal in LA. Someone in S. Jose says they are using one and get readings in the 60's.

I assume you are using the 20" oval dish to see both 82 and 91? I assume the 20" oval would give about the same pulling power as the 18" round pointed at one bird.

...mike

The latest is that both satellites are getting 91 and not 82. Did the guy install it wrong? At this point I would pay ANYTHING to get someone to get this right.

Thanks

sounds like both sides of the SW-21 are conected to the same LNB.. It should be one side to one lnb, the other to the other lnb..

ultatryon said:
sounds like both sides of the SW-21 are conected to the same LNB.. It should be one side to one lnb, the other to the other lnb..
Right now there is just one cable from the dish to the reciever. I have tried that on both lnb's and I get 91 on each one.

Any help?

Thanks

Brian

there is no switch at all?

Is this a Legacy Twin?, or two duals? meaning, is the lnb assembly one big box with two eyes, or two smaller L shaped boxes, each with their own eye?

If its a Twin (the big box with both in one) then the internal switch may be toast and always selecting the 91 position, in which case, no matter what port you are connecting to, its always using that side...

If its 2 Duals, are you connecting the cable directly to the lnb, or to a SW-21 or SW-44 first? and if so, how is it being connected? perhaps its a bad switch or improperly connected..

ultatryon said:
there is no switch at all?

Is this a Legacy Twin?, or two duals? meaning, is the lnb assembly one big box with two eyes, or two smaller L shaped boxes, each with their own eye?

If its a Twin (the big box with both in one) then the internal switch may be toast and always selecting the 91 position, in which case, no matter what port you are connecting to, its always using that side...

If its 2 Duals, are you connecting the cable directly to the lnb, or to a SW-21 or SW-44 first? and if so, how is it being connected? perhaps its a bad switch or improperly connected..

It is a dish 500 with 2 duals. There is no switch at present, I have one and can add it. I was goint to but since both lnb's gave me 91 I thought it still would not work. Should I try addint the SW21?

Thanks

Brian

hockeyck said:
The latest is that both satellites are getting 91 and not 82. Did the guy install it wrong? At this point I would pay ANYTHING to get someone to get this right.
Thanks

Still having the same problemswith 82w ? Any update?

pro96 said:
Still having the same problemswith 82w ? Any update?

Still no 82. I have tried new switchers, lnb's, dishes, recievers and still no 82. My feeling is no one here can find 82 I suppose. The people working on the dish are not familiar with the whole bev thing. I am getting a 97 signal strength on 91 but nothing on 82. It actually says that only one satellite is hooked up...

I need to find someone in the LA area who really knows the bev set up.

Any help?

Thanks

Brian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)