HELP WITH DISH CONFIGURATION

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EAGLES

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
In searching the forums and could not find a specific answer to my question.
I have had two dishes which look at 119, 110 & 61.5 for years. I have a VIP 622 & 722. My brother who lives in NJ recently told me that he called dish to inquire as to why some of his HD channels were missing (DiscHD TLCHD some of the pay channels ect.) He has a VIP622 and gets Philadelphia as his locals. He also had two dishes looking at the same sats. He was told by Dish that this setup was obsolete and needed to be upgraded to a single dish setup if he wanted to see all of the available HD channels. The was done at no cost to him and he now receives all the HD channels.
This sparked my interest as I recalled my Wife complianing that some of our HD channels were no longer there. I checked and confirmed that I was experiencing the same situation my brother had. I live in Southern Maryland and receive Washington DC locals. After spending an hour on the phone with Dish and going through all the checks, they could not get any of the missing HD channels back. When I explained my brothers situation to the advanced tech, he said I should be able to get all the channels with my current setup. He scheduled a service call for tomorrow.
I'm confused as to why my situation in Maryland would be different than that in NJ. I would hate to waste all day waiting for the technician, only to find out that he will untimately have to come back to install a new dish.
I have the America's Everything Package & HD 250. I also have a DVR 625 in addition to my HD receivers which makes it necessary for me to cascade 2 DP34 switches to service all 3 receivers.
So was the Dish tech right in claiming that I should be able to receive all availabe HD channels with my current set-up, or do I need an upgrade? Please help.

In searching the forums and could not find a specific answer to my question.
I have had two dishes which look at 119, 110 & 61.5 for years. I have a VIP 622 & 722. My brother who lives in NJ recently told me that he called dish to inquire as to why some of his HD channels were missing (DiscHD TLCHD some of the pay channels ect.) He has a VIP622 and gets Philadelphia as his locals. He also had two dishes looking at the same sats. He was told by Dish that this setup was obsolete and needed to be upgraded to a single dish setup if he wanted to see all of the available HD channels. The was done at no cost to him and he now receives all the HD channels.
This sparked my interest as I recalled my Wife complianing that some of our HD channels were no longer there. I checked and confirmed that I was experiencing the same situation my brother had. I live in Southern Maryland and receive Washington DC locals. After spending an hour on the phone with Dish and going through all the checks, they could not get any of the missing HD channels back. When I explained my brothers situation to the advanced tech, he said I should be able to get all the channels with my current setup. He scheduled a service call for tomorrow.
I'm confused as to why my situation in Maryland would be different than that in NJ. I would hate to waste all day waiting for the technician, only to find out that he will untimately have to come back to install a new dish.
I have the America's Everything Package & HD 250. I also have a DVR 625 in addition to my HD receivers which makes it necessary for me to cascade 2 DP34 switches to service all 3 receivers.
So was the Dish tech right in claiming that I should be able to receive all availabe HD channels with my current set-up, or do I need an upgrade? Please help.
If you have 119 110 and 61.5 you will need a new DISH. I apologize for wasting your time on the phone. There are some channels that were moved off of 61.5. Also you will need to upgrade your 625 if they are switching you to a Eastern Arc install (61.5 72 77). The 625 is Mpeg 2 and you will need Mpeg 4 technology. If you want to PM me your account information I can double check everything and get it set up correctly.

If you have 119 110 and 61.5 you will need a new DISH. I apologize for wasting your time on the phone. There are some channels that were moved off of 61.5. Also you will need to upgrade your 625 if they are switching you to a Eastern Arc install (61.5 72 77). The 625 is Mpeg 2 and you will need Mpeg 4 technology. If you want to PM me your account information I can double check everything and get it set up correctly.
OP claims he spoke to an advanced tech, I would expect an advanced tech would have more knowledge about EA/WA satellite limitations. Should we send the DIRT team back to instruct the people that answer the phones purporting to be technicians?

OP claims he spoke to an advanced tech, I would expect an advanced tech would have more knowledge about EA/WA satellite limitations. Should we send the DIRT team back to instruct the people that answer the phones purporting to be technicians?

One would think the advance tech would know, but I have talked to several people claiming to be an advanced tech who seemed to missing some info.

garys said:
One would think the advance tech would know, but I have talked to several people claiming to be an advanced tech who seemed to missing some info.

I think we all know that there are some serious training deficits with the various levels of "support" personnel that answer phones and chats. Im thankful that we now have the DIRT.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

When the tech shows up, he should be able to do a 1000.4 dish for you so you will get all your HD. The 625 will need to be upgraded though. Not sure where your locals are, but if their on 61.5, you could always do a 1000.2 or 1000.4 western arc leaving the existing wing dish for 61.5. This would get you all your missing HD and you would still be able to use the 625 receiver

We went ahead and corrected everything so that he will have a Eastern Arc install and upgraded the 625 to MPEG 4 DVR. EAGLES was also able to keep the same time for the work order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)