Help with Fortec and aligning the dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigjnsa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
I got all the pieces put together.. whew... I have a temporary setup on the patio. My neighbor has Dish network and I have my dish pointed and angled somewhat were he is pointing. I'm just using this as a reference.
<p>
I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver. When I go into Antenna Setup, I don't see IA5 or IntelSat 5 listed. What I have is, Intelsat 605 (27.5W), Intelsat 801 (31.5W), Intelsat 903 (34.5W). When looking at this, the furthest West sat I have listed is 40.5W.
<p>
Is my receiver *NOT* setup for North America? If so, how do I fix it?

Update. I found the receiver section where I can add a New Satellite. However I have no clue what they are asking for:

Down Frequency
Symbol Rate
Polarity

IT WORKS!!! WOOHOO!!! Awesome. My first dish setup. I'm dancing around the house yelling NO MORE CABLE!

I think I have locked on to AMC3, but I used the 22.000 down and nothing on Quality. Is there a website where I Can find the down frequency for FTA birds?

That was a quick lesson in LyngSat. What a complicated website. I now know the numbers I need. Question, is there an easier way of entering this data? This remote is too small. I'd rather have a program or something I can upload to the receiver.

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. So far the only sat I've locked it is IA5. I'll give it another go with AMC3/4 and G3 tomorrow. That is if the rain lets up.

This manual doesn't say how to do a Blind Scan. I know this Lifetime Ultra can do it. Maybe I need to find other docs about this Fortec receiver. I found 2 sats with my satfinder, but didn't know WHAT they were. If the Blind Scan works then I can do away with guessing ;)

With Fortec they call Blind Scan "POWER SCAN"

Page 25 of the Lifetime Ultra manual!

I tried to do a Power Scan, but it wants an already configured satellite to scan against.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts