Help with H20 HDMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

spaulhus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
I just don't understand it. Had my H20 (among other components) hooked up through my JVC A/V receiver which converts composite, component and HMDI to HDMI via a single cable to my Samsumg DLP TV. The H20 hooks to the JVC via HDMI. Everything has worked for 3+ months until last week. Now, the TV has an HDMI sync issue whereas the screen blinks blue and green. I've tried everything. Different cables, different hook-ups (H20 via component), H20 direct, etc. Without any software changes to any of the components, how does this happen? Even when hooked the H20 is hooked directly to my Sammy, I have to do a hard reset to get the HDMI to sync and even then, a couple days later, I have to reset it again. I read another thread that recommended unplugging the H20 for 15 minutes, no difference.

I suspect the H20 because prior to that, I was using a Samsung TS-360 for over a year with complete success. Even without the H20 hooked up, the JVC receiver no longer works via HDMI. JVC replaced the receiver and the same issue exists??? Could the H20 HDMI signal damage the Sammy HDMI port?

Any clues and/or thoughts?

I just don't understand it. Had my H20 (among other components) hooked up through my JVC A/V receiver which converts composite, component and HMDI to HDMI via a single cable to my Samsumg DLP TV. The H20 hooks to the JVC via HDMI. Everything has worked for 3+ months until last week. Now, the TV has an HDMI sync issue whereas the screen blinks blue and green. I've tried everything. Different cables, different hook-ups (H20 via component), H20 direct, etc. Without any software changes to any of the components, how does this happen? Even when hooked the H20 is hooked directly to my Sammy, I have to do a hard reset to get the HDMI to sync and even then, a couple days later, I have to reset it again. I read another thread that recommended unplugging the H20 for 15 minutes, no difference.

I suspect the H20 because prior to that, I was using a Samsung TS-360 for over a year with complete success. Even without the H20 hooked up, the JVC receiver no longer works via HDMI. JVC replaced the receiver and the same issue exists??? Could the H20 HDMI signal damage the Sammy HDMI port?

Any clues and/or thoughts?

There are documented issues of compatibility with H20 receivers and Samsung displays. Check this google search:h20 hdmi samsung dlp - Google Search

Plug the HDMI cable directly into the TV, don't use the amp. That is what I had to do. You may have already done it but HDMI and amps don't work well because they talk both ways and cause reboots, etc.

OK, but what I do not understand is why did it "all" work for 3 months and then stop working with no firmware changes. AFAIK, HMDI does not carry any voltage related signals to potentially damage an HDMI port - does anyone know this for sure?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)