help with install 3 lnb swm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wkw

Original poster
Dec 17, 2009
north fa
i have h20-600. can get signal(97-100) on transponder 1 only .change lbn same thing can the power supply do this

Describe how you have it connected!!
If you don't have the power supply connected, I'd guess strange things can happen.
I'll let others that use SWM comment now.

Do you only have an H20?
If so, why convert to swm?

Anyways, you need to go to the receiver to the power inserter, to the power passing port on a swm splitter, to the lnb.

If you just have a H20, then you can remove the splitter.

If the LNB is not powered properly, it will still possibly read a transponder but not the whole set up.

If it is wired right, you need to set the receiver up for SWM3.
Usually a RBR (red button reset) will achieve this.
If not, then you can go in to signal strength and do a repeat satellite set up.

i have 2 h20 -600 went put on swm it show a difflerent az. elev.tilt i will buy a new power supplys thanks

i have 2 h20 -600 went put on swm it show a difflerent az. elev.tilt
The Slimline dishes point at 101W and the Phase III points at 110W so the numbers should be different from what they used to be. If you aren't telling the H20 which dish you're using, it will report incorrect numbers.

You need only one PI-21 Power Inserter for the dish.

went you tell it slimilne 3lbn az is 215 elev 50 tilt 63 but slimilne 3lbn swm the az266 elev 45 tilt 53 i can get odd transponder no even in about 20min you will have 0 on satelitte 101

If I read your comment correctly, it seems that you aren't pointing at the correct satellite for 101.

You mention the 3LNB twice with different alignment parameters. ????
They should be the same regardless of it being a SWM version or not.
Make sure you aren't looking at the older Phase III 3LNB dish.

both h20-600 do it and yes they are on slinline 3lbn and 3lbn swm the slinline 3lb is the same as the 18 in dish but the swm is different

the setting on the reciever for swm is difference than for slinilne 3s. yes the power supply is on. the pointing for the 18 in dish for 101 and the pointing for sliniline 3s for 101 is the same. but the swm is difference. but signal for satelite 101 is the problem with out it; i can not set the dish

Double Hmmm.

Yes, the aiming for the 101 satellite is the same for the 18" dish and the Slimline dish, SWM or not, either 5LNB or 3LNB.
So I don't know what you are looking at that says SWM is different.

Regardless, double check that the mast is plumb and that the tilt and elevation settings are correct.
Then use azimuth to zero in on the signal.

All Slimline dishes are pointed the same direction with the same settings.
The only way it changes is when you change the zip code.

The Slimline dishes point at 101W and the Phase III points at 110W so the numbers should be different from what they used to be. If you aren't telling the H20 which dish you're using, it will report incorrect numbers.

You need only one PI-21 Power Inserter for the dish.

There is a difference between the 3LNB Slimeline that "sees" the 99,101& 103...and is centered on the 101 and the Phase III that IS centered on the 110 and "sees" the 101, 110 & 119. People who should know better select the wrong dish.....this could be another.

Joe

well all i can say is ...what i see on the receiver when it is set to slimiline 3s swm or slimiline 3s. But more important to me is to get it to work. When hooked up to swm it will not hold the signal on 101, on the 18 inch it works just fine, even if i have the receiver on slimiline 3 swm

Ok, I think I see what is happening here.

First off you can not manually change the sat set up from Slimline 3 TO SWM3.
It has to detect the system on its own.

There are a couple ways to do this.
Sometimes one way works and the other does not.

First you can try the simple way which is by hooking every thing up to the swm and doing a RBR.

If after 5 minutes it is still "Searching", hit exit, go to your menue and under the signal strength meter hit "Repeat Satellite Setup".
If the system reads SWM 3 automatically, everything is hooked up right and you can hit continue.
If it fails to read SWM on its own, you have it wired in wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)