Help with install and problems of vip222

jrwhitey_2000

Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
ohio
View attachment Attachments_2014411.zip sat 1.jpegsat 2.jpegsat 6.jpegsat 3.jpegsat 4.jpegsat 5.jpegView attachment Attachments_2014411.zipHello all, I am a novice and need help. Just upgraded to a vip222 box. I have a new dish and the lnb. I hooked everything up the way I thought it should go but I am not able to pick up an satellite signals. I have attached some pictures of the errors I am getting as well as all the equipment.Sorry about the pics, couldn't find the rotate button on here.

I am trying to aquire the signals, but have not yet found them. I have tried to get them using a free satellite locator app on my iPhone. What satellite should I be setting it to? I wanted to make sure that I did not have a wiring problem since the switch test screen was giving me those errors.

The pictures are all upside down to me just fyi... are you supposed to be on Eastern Arc or Western cause 1k4 is eastern just fyi. Just be sure to set your elevation properly for your area/zip code and make sure the mount is plumb then it should be just a matter of swinging it back and forth till you zero in. 61.5 and 72 on most of its transponders should certainly be over 50 on most I don't have my sheet in front of me or can't remember exactly.

I know the pics are upside down, but from looking that information do I have something not hooked up correctly or am I just not finding satellites?

One thing I see is you have 119 for a sat. You need to change it to 61.5 or 72. Once you do that and then aim you dish, select Done. Let us know if that helps.

I have tried to using the point dish screen and no matter what I do I do not get a signal. That is why I am asking about the error codes. I want to see if something stands out to suggest a bad wire or something of that nature. I have the two wires connected to the lnb and they are running into the house to a metal bar looking item. It then only has one wire going out to a diplexer. From the diplexer, 1 wire goes to my upstairs tv, and the other wire goes to my jack in the lower family room where I am connected with the cable over to the triplexer and intro the box. If the problem is just the signal then I will get a peak meter, just want to make sure I am not getting a signal due to some other problem.

Get an alignment meter. Learn how to use it. Go outside and hook it up to your dish and peak your dish. Then attach your wiring and do a switch test. Until you're pointed at valid satellites the check switch screen will produce the results you see.

Thank you. I figured that it was just because I was not aligned correctly, but wanted to make sure I was not chasing my tail due to some wiring. What is the best place to pick up a peaking meter? Anyone located close to me in Belmont County, Ohio?

If you can get the right coordinates to where your dish is suppose to point then you can do it without a meter. You will want another person to help you though. You can be at the dish moving it a little at a time and the other person needs to be at the TV with the point dish screen on. That person can tell you when you are picking up signal and when you have it as high as you can just lock it down. Easier said than done but it can be done.

Where you're at the dish settings for that dish should be about 40° elevation, and skew about 80. Make sure you're aiming it at the southeastern sky.. You'll pick up the 61.5 and the 72.7 sat. You'll have to run check switch after you peak in the dish to be sure you're pointing at the right sats

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!