Help with installing connector on Quad RG6

Original poster
May 31, 2016
Southern California
I am terminating 9 x Quad Shield RG6 cables in my house. I am using PPC EX6PLUS XL connectors. I terminated 8 cables without much issue. One of the cables is giving me a lot of trouble for some reason. When I try and insert the connector, it bunches up the last layer of foil, leaving only the dielectric and copper going through the connector. Do you guys have any advice to prevent the foil from bunching up on this last cable?

What I have been doing is stripping the cable, fold back first layer of braid, fold and cut the first layer of foil, and fold back the second layer of braid to expose the second layer of foil.

I am terminating 9 x Quad Shield RG6 cables in my house. I am using PPC EX6PLUS XL connectors. I terminated 8 cables without much issue. One of the cables is giving me a lot of trouble for some reason. When I try and insert the connector, it bunches up the last layer of foil, leaving only the dielectric and copper going through the connector. Do you guys have any advice to prevent the foil from bunching up on this last cable?as lo

What I have been doing is stripping the cable, fold back first layer of braid, fold and cut the first layer of foil, and fold back the second layer of braid to expose the second layer of foil.

Sorry, I never have any trouble with this Quad Shield , it is rather annoying though!
1: Strip it,
2: peel back foil and braid, second layer and braid,
3: place fitting over the top and crimp it.
4: !??
5: Profit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts