Help with local channels while traveling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

charlie1

Original poster
May 27, 2009
Orlando
Hello. I am new to SatelliteGuys. I currently have Cable but want to switch to DTV. I live in Orlando but have a cabin in Niagara Falls (with a DTV dish already on the roof). Can i take one of my receivers from Orlando and hook it up to the dish in Niagara Falls? Will i get the orlando local stations or Niagara Falls local stations or?? Thanks.

I wasn't aware they had spot beams, so physically you have to be near the area?

also the tuner has no idea where it is, I had an uncle who got screwed with them changing the black out areas so he told his company (not sure which one) he changed his living address to a family member's address across the blackout line so he could get his sports team.

I wonder if D* would be nice and authorize you for both (very doubtful) or just tell you to buy another receiver

You could change your service address when you go there and change it again when going home.
can't change service location because my wife will sometimes be in Orlando when i am in Niagara Falls. I suppose i can get a Digital Antenna for the local Niagara channels. Does anyone know if i can connect the antenna to the Direct TV dish or to the receiver so i will be easily able to switch channels? Or will i have to switch inputs every time i go from Satellite to Antenna? Thanks,

If your receiver has an ATSC OTA input then you can use that to tune local channels. BTW, what receiver will you be using for this?

Also, it is against your terms of service to use receivers in two different locations, especially at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)