Help with Mirroring...

andreah1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
FYI - I have a previous long thread regarding me going to the hopper because of losing distant networks, I thought I had it down pat on how to mirror but guess not. Got the hoppers installed today and have bought modulators for each hopper (I have two hoppers, 4 tv's, no joeys). I plugged the r/w/y from the modulator to the hopper, the extra cable I had from the other tv that used to be hooked to a 722k I screwed into "antenna in" on the modulator. Nothing is showing up on the other tv, I've tried channel 3 and 4, nothing. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I did this after the installer left but had mentioned the word mirror to him while he was here, he said "oh no, there's no mirroring anymore"... is he right?
On another note - having no problems with hitting record on a program on one of the hoppers and having it record something from the guide (it's all loaded), but on the 2nd hopper the guide isn't all there yet (understand it takes time sometimes) but can't be on a program and hit record, it won't let me record anything, is it because the guide isn't all there yet? I wanted to record a program that is playing right now and it won't let me.
Also, (trying to get all questions into one post, forgive me) when I try to use search and search for a show, any show, it says no results found, even if searching for something I can see is playing next on the guide, any ideas?

Last edited:
Good grief! What a dope I am! That worked. DUH!!!!! Now hoping I can get the search/record thing figured out, hoping it's just because maybe the entire guide isn't downloaded?

I will wait til tomorrow, I'm thinking that's what the deal is. I'm impatient. The picture on the mirrored tv's are beautiful, just like watching the bigger ones! Thanks a bunch for all your help everyone, I'm so happy this forum is here....

Search is working fine this morning and love it! It's like the old tivo dvr I had many years ago with Direct....I love that it comes up with shows as I'm entering in a name! YAY!!!

How is the picture quality on the mirrored TV? Hopefully it isn't too snowy.

After the latest price increases, one of the cuts I made was to return the Joey attached to my SD TV in the Kitchen. I then mirrored it through my 4 channel RF Modulator, and I can honestly say the picture from the mirrored Hopper is better then the picture from the composite video from the Joey (at least on that small TV).

After the latest price increases, one of the cuts I made was to return the Joey attached to my SD TV in the Kitchen. I then mirrored it through my 4 channel RF Modulator, and I can honestly say the picture from the mirrored Hopper is better then the picture from the composite video from the Joey (at least on that small TV).

That's great. Mirroring the Hopper system is terrible. It's only easy when there are two cables at the TV you want to mirror off of. Trying to diplex the system is a pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts