HELP WITH MOBILE SETUP ! ! ! !

go4it24

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
meridian ms 39305
ok so i am new at this and i am so close but yet so far away......heres what i got so far.....

a vip222k reciever(which is in my home)
a dish network 500 dish with a dishpro lnb which my cable is hooked up on the 119. does it matter which side i hook to or is both the same ?

after hooking everything up and aligning my dish i can see echo star 119 and have 70-80 strength then i starts to aquire my signal and all then its like its lost again. i even got through all the steps one time but some of the channels were not there. i go to check my signal stregth and nothing. im lost. i have the splitter coming from the dish itself to both satellites on the reciever. please help

after i lock onto echostar119 should it load every channel on both 119 and 110 or do i need to do something different?

A dishpro twin lnb won't work with that setup. If you're going to use the dishpro twin lnb you need to eliminate the separator (splitter) at the receiver, and run two cables to the lnb. If you want to use the seperator (splitter) and one cable, you need a dishpro plus twin lnb.

If you do run the second cable and use the dishpro lnb, you need to then run "check switch" on the point dish screen to use the different lnb. Every time you switch to a different style lnb you have to run "check switch" to set the receiver up for the new hardware.

Hook it up to either of the outputs, either 1 or 2 it doesn't matter. The two outputs are for connecting up to two receivers and the input is for connecting a wing dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)