Service Plan (0) 6.00
HD 250 Free 0.00
International Access 10.00
$ 176.98

Taxes
Mar 05 State/Local Tax (Sales) 15.02

Total Charges $192.00

Thanks

What is my $10.00 Dish Platinum? Does it give me HD or is it additional Programming?

Monthly Charges

Mar 19 - Apr 18 HD Solo DVR Receiver 10.00
America's Everything Pak 104.99
Dish Platinum 10.00
Chinese: Great Wall TV 22.99
Solo Receiver 7.00
DVR Service 6.00
Service Plan (0) 6.00
HD 250 Free 0.00
$ 176.98

Taxes

Total Charges $192.00

What is my $10.00 Dish Platinum? Does it give me HD or is it additional Programming?

Monthly Charges

Mar 19 - Apr 18 HD Solo DVR Receiver 10.00
America's Everything Pak 104.99
Dish Platinum 10.00
Chinese: Great Wall TV 22.99
Solo Receiver 7.00
DVR Service 6.00
Service Plan (0) 6.00
HD 250 Free 0.00
$ 176.98

Taxes

Total Charges $192.00

It is additional programming. See here: http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdplatinum/default.aspx

you shouldnt be charged the $10 int'l access because you have a normal package already (AEP in your case)
The $10 fee is if you only have International programming

you shouldnt be charged the $10 int'l access because you have a normal package already (AEP in your case)
The $10 fee is if you only have International programming
Iceberg is correct, if you would like to PM me your account info or phone#, I will correct that on your account! Thanks!!

OMG! Almost $200 a month for tv? I hope you enjoy all those channels because that's a ton of money to pay each year, $2300.

OMG! Almost $200 a month for tv? I hope you enjoy all those channels because that's a ton of money to pay each year, $2300.

On the face of it maybe, but if it is the main form of entertainment maybe not so bad. Think of going to the movies with the family just a couple of times a month. I don't think $50 each time for three is out of line for tickets, food, parking in some cases, gas, etc etc.. Or for those that get NFL tickets etc.. We have always treated it as family time at night when we all get home. I had more conversation with my daughter over American Idol than anything else, so it all depends on what you get out of it....
I had vowed not to spend more on my Sat bill, but added Euronews, ($36 a year) but we get every bit of value from it, just as we do from HBO, etc...

jerryez said:
Come on, it's just TV. It isn't worth $200 per month.

My bill is about $200 as well. It's worth it to me and my wife, we watch a lot of different channels. $40 of it is adult programming, which I know is all over the Internet, but it's more convenient having it on dish. My TV bill is still one of my lowest expenses. I think only my water bill and Internet bill are less expensive.

I pay 193.00 a month and get 10% of my programming blocked because I live in Puerto Rico and have been a customer since July 1996 { when E-1 was the only bird in Dish's lineup }. The blocking is not caused by lack of signal or dish pointing since I have the 119/110/61.5. Sad but true.

That's your opinion. There are a lot of things that others pay a lot for that I could care less about. I feel that way about clothes. It bothers me that people spend thousands of dollars on designer clothes. I can't stand to spend over $40 on a pair of shoes. I feel no need to have an expensive car and pay outrageous monthly payments.

On the other hand, I have no problem shelling out money for TV, electronics and other toys I like. It all depends on what people's interests are. Hell, I spend $36 a month for a beer of the month club and I think it's worth every penny.

Scherrman said:
That's your opinion. There are a lot of things that others pay a lot for that I could care less about. I feel that way about clothes. It bothers me that people spend thousands of dollars on designer clothes. I can't stand to spend over $40 on a pair of shoes. I feel no need to have an expensive car and pay outrageous monthly payments.

On the other hand, I have no problem shelling out money for TV, electronics and other toys I like. It all depends on what people's interests are. Hell, I spend $36 a month for a beer of the month club and I think it's worth every penny.

Very well said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)