This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Help With My 625

EAGLES

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
I'm looking for some help with my 625 and the closed captioning display. Dish has not been too responsive. If I could somehow figure out if the problem I'm having is with my unit or a result of an actual software bug, I could push Dish a little harder.
This CC issue only manifests itself when in single mode. The CC only seems to be displayed on one live tuner. I purchased the 625 to replace my 721 and to use on a single TV, so this is a problem. I am profoundly deaf and need CC to work properly. Without going into a whole lot of detail, could you guys and girls out there with a 625 please try this test for me as described and let me know how it comes out. Your TV will need to be CC compatible.
Please let me know if the CC appears on both tuners. You must be in single mode.
Switch your unit into single mode. Tune to a channel you know has CC and verify CC is working on that channel. Press swap button on remote to force the use of the alternate tuner and tune to same channel the first tuner was on. You can verify both tuners are on the same channel by viewing PIP. Swap back and forth. See if both tuners are displaying the CC. On mine if I'm tuned to say CNN, one tuner will have CC, then I hit swap and force the second tuner to the same channel, and no CC. Any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Just tried it on my 522 and CC appear appears on both shows on both tuners. The channel I tested it on was A&E.

Had to reset my 625 I will try it in a bit.

Just did it with my 625 using 173 Disney West and both tuners came up with CC.