Help with pointing dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bsavulis

Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
US
I have a 1k2 dish, it was disconnected by the crew cutting trees. Unfortunately they did not mark the wires or the approximate location of the dish. So I need to put it back. There are 3 threaded f connections, I have 2 cables going to the house and 1 short coax about 3 feet long, does it matter where they are connected. Could someone also tell me which satellite to point at?
And lastly should my dish have skew? It did not when originally installed, but all the applications I have on my phone state various amounts?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Brian

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a 1k2 dish, it was disconnected by the crew cutting trees. Unfortunately they did not mark the wires or the approximate location of the dish. So I need to put it back. There are 3 threaded f connections, I have 2 cables going to the house and 1 short coax about 3 feet long, does it matter where they are connected. Could someone also tell me which satellite to point at?
And lastly should my dish have skew? It did not when originally installed, but all the applications I have on my phone state various amounts?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Brian

By the way if needed my zip code is 06260
Northeast Connecticut

Eastern Arc - Sats 61.5, 72.1. Azimuth is 196, Elevation is 42, Skew is 88, but the dish is most likely set to those last 2. The three outputs on the LNBF all do the same thing. The short "jumper" was probably used by the installing tech to point the Dish. Which Receivers do you have?

Eastern Arc - Sats 61.5, 72.1. Azimuth is 196, Elevation is 42, Skew is 88, but the dish is most likely set to those last 2. The three outputs on the LNBF all do the same thing. The short "jumper" was probably used by the installing tech to point the Dish. Which Receivers do you have?
2 wally's

And thank you very much for the info!

Reactions: HipKat
No prob. i line to each Wally and you should be good. If not, run a check switch (Home, Home, 3 for Dish, Test Installation)
Using your info I had it working in minutes. Only issue I see is only 1 receiver has local stations.

Using your info I had it working in minutes. Only issue I see is only 1 receiver has local stations.

I used to get that on 211's a lot. Hard Reset and new program guide download fixed it. Possibly the guide didn't fully download on that one or it may need a software update. Newest software for Wallys is U432. If it's behind, leaving it in standby mode should force it to update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)