Help with R10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

twinder

Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
I have two DirecTV R10 DVRs in my house. Neither one is connecting to the DVR service when they make their call. When I got my first message telling me it had not connected in so many days on the one in the den I tried to connect myself going through the settings menu. I got the message it was unable to connect to the service, so I tried several other different numbers and none of them worked either, but it was able to download a list of updated numbers to try with no problem. I then plugged a phone in using the same cable and wall jack the DVR was using. I got a very clear dial tone, so I dialed the number that I was trying to connect to and I heard the computer noises on the other end where it was trying to connect to my DVR.

After this I went to the R10 in the living room and saw it had not been able to connect either, so I went through the same steps with it and was not able to connect with it either. I then got a new DSL filter and ran a phone cord to another wall jack in one of the bedrooms and used the new DSL filter on it. I was not able to connect with that either.

I called tech support and talked with two people for 45 minutes, but all they could say was that it sound like I need to replace my Tivo units with their DirecTV model. I prefer to keep the Tivo units and it is hard to believe that both of my R10s went up at the same time and from the same problem. Especially since they dialed in and got an update phone number listing with no problems. They just can not connect to the DVR service number.

Does anybody have any ideas about what might be wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

I have two R10's and at first I had the same problem you are having now. It took me a few tries before I got it to work. I guess the first thing I would do is to make sure the phone # is an active number. I'm assuming your R10's are few years old. I went through a few phone #'s before I found the right one. By the way even with the active phone # I still had to finagle with the phone lines. You mention DSL, I end up hooking up the R10 directly to the main line and it worked. Once you down load the upgrade you units will work. The only thing I noticed was the Guide takes a while ( a couple of seconds) to come up on your TV screen.

Thanks for the response. I tried four different numbers, both of my local numbers and then another number for a larger in-state city and then a number for a city in another state. None of those numbers would let me connect. I have been using this one local number for over two years without any problems. I called the local number on my phone to listen and see if it was picking-up on the other end. I heard the computer noises on the other end where it was trying to connect.

I also tried to plug straight into the wall jack without a DSL filter and that did not work, so that is when I tried a different phone jack in another room with and without a new DSL filter. No luck with that phone jack either.

The units can dial out and get an updated list of access numbers, so I know the modem is working fine in both units they just can not connect to the DVR update numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts