Help with slingguide please!

Bartman32

Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
The OC
Hello all;
I have set up my sling to work with my DVR. I am now in France and trying to use it. It tried to download software when I hit watch TV but just sat as and endless loop. Now I think it thinks that the software is loaded and I just get that there is a problem with watching live TV and try again later. I do see the shows that are recorded and the grid just can't watch anything.
Using Vista with IE 6. Thanks for the help!

I think you need to be a tad more specific... It sounds like you are trying to use a slingbox, but you never actually say that in your post. My suggestion would be to use the sling player.

Thanks Hendrix:
I do have a slingbox but I'm trying to use the slingguide beta to make it work. It seems that the sling player will only work in my house. I got it to work here from France one time so it does work but now it doesn't seem to want to work at all. I haven't had the best of luck with the slingbox and I'm hoping that the dish/sling beta will be more stable. Any ideas anyone???
Thanks!

I haven't had the best of luck with the slingbox and I'm hoping that the dish/sling beta will be more stable. Any ideas anyone???
Thanks!

There's no way that the slingguide beta is going to be more stable than the SlingPlayer software. If your SlingPlayer software won't work, chances are you're going to have zero luck with the slingguide. BTW, both use your Slingbox. So just because you're using the slingguide beta, it's still trying to use your slingbox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)