help with switch...maybe...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PotentialNoobie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hello,

I have a 722k and a 222k. The 722k is working fine, but the 222k is having intermittent problems at tv1, tv2 is fine. I should be getting 119 and 110 (Puerto Rico).

I've been reading for the past few days and it seems that is the switch on the roof. I did the check switch and is missing 119 on tv1. I am guessing is the sw21 since I exchanged the cable in the back to tv2 and did the check switch again and then the problem was at tv2, which makes me believe that the 222k is fine, but somewhere at the roof is the problem.

The roof setup is as follows:
one dish--one cal amp [FONT=verdana,arial]LNBF[/FONT]--one eagle dtv32+ --two zinwell ms3x4wb-z --four cabletronix ct-sw21.

I have been looking for the cabletronix ct-sw21 but can't find them. What other kind can I buy to replace it.

And by any chance, could the problem be at the zinwell ms3x4wb-z multi-switch instead of the ct-sw21?

thanks.

The first and easiest/cheapest to check first would be your cable connection on tv1. I've had that happen to me a few times over the years and without fail it was always my connector.

The first and easiest/cheapest to check first would be your cable connection on tv1. I've had that happen to me a few times over the years and without fail it was always my connector.

Hello,

I am guessing is the sw21 since I exchanged the cable in the back to tv2 and did the check switch again and then the problem was at tv2, which makes me believe that the 222k is fine, but somewhere at the roof is the problem.

I have already checked the connectors in the back of the 222k...

It could very well be your switch, but, from your statement above, you didn't actually do anything with the TV1 cable, except switch it to TV2, which doesn't tell you if the cable is good or bad. It wouldn't take long to just run a new cable to the switch to test, and completely eliminate the possibility of a bad cable before proceeding to your switch.

... It wouldn't take long to just run a new cable to the switch to test, and completely eliminate the possibility of a bad cable before proceeding to your switch.

I see your point, except that to run a new cable would be extremely difficult.
There are a few concrete walls (would have to drill new holes), and a few feet to run....

Anyway.... would any of the following work as a replacement?

ROC SW21 Switches be compatible
MULTI-SWITCH /DISH NETWORK BELL SW-21 LNB
MULTI-SWITCH SW-21 LNB FTA BEV
SW-21 SWITCH FOR DISH NETWORK FTA LNB 110/118/119

recommendations are welcome.

P.S. The 222k has been fine for the past hour...both tv1 and tv2. I can see 119 & 110 :confused:

Today it started to "fail" again.

TV1 from the 222k only.... It freezes. and/or black screen with continuous audio on local channels.

I noticed that if the screen is "frozen" and/or black, and I press the guide, the little box on the right shows the current program fine, I press cancel and the tv1 is fine, change the channel and it happens again.

I hit the reset button, and it has been fine for the past hour...

I am wondering if the problem is the VIP 222k ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)