Help with upcoming Pacquiao/De La Hoya PPV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Logic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Norwalk, CA
I have an H21 receiver an old RCA receiver that i keep for an old set. My folks want to order the fight & have relatives come and watch it, but seeing as how i won't be home and dont have any DVR's, I want to go the old route of recording it to my VCR and watch it when i get home, or even the next day.

If i were to order this PPV in HD, does that include the SD feed for my non HD receiver or is it a "one or the other" type of things? It would suck having to pay $65 and not be able to get both feeds.

If that is not a possibility, does the H21 have any sort of copy protection that would prevent me from hooking up a VCR to it? Maybe i could tape it that way?

Any help would be appreciated.

When ordering a PPV movie via remote, only the individual receiver receives the PPV. When ordering the same PPV online the purchase gets mirrored to all your receivers on your account. Last time I ordered a PPV fight (via remote) I only received the broadcast on the one receiver & the purchase was for either standard definition or high definition (with the HD feed costing $10 more). You can hook up your VCR to one of the unused ports on the H21 as all the outputs are always active simultaneously (HDMI, component, composite). Just run a quick record test to make sure you have it setup correctly (i.e. using Video1 instead of channel 3/4).

i was gonna order online, but when it goes thru, did you only get the HD feed, or was the SD feed open as well?

I know what you're asking but I didn't think to look at the non HD channel because I used my remote to purchase the fight. When I tried putting the fight on a different receiver/TV I learned that it wasn't being mirrored.

If it's like football, you should get the SD feed if you purchase the HD feed. Looking at PPV Ch 121 it looks like you get both feeds at $65; shoot them an email to be sure.

I have read elsewhere on the web that you do not get the SD feed with an HD feed purchase.

This makes some sense as they are different channels, just as if you order a PPV movie you do not get it on all channels offering it.

I ordered the last UFC 91 fight online in HD (HR21) and was able to also get it in SD (DirecTivo) and of course recorded it on both receivers. :) So unless they are specifically blocking it, if you order the HD version you should also receive the SD version as well. You could also call Customer service and just ask.

I ordered the last UFC 91 fight online in HD (HR21) and was able to also get it in SD (DirecTivo) and of course recorded it on both receivers. :) So unless they are specifically blocking it, if you order the HD version you should also receive the SD version as well. You could also call Customer service and just ask.

Makes sense, as it should be...TY for the info.

i went ahead and ordered online and i checked my D10 receiver. Going to ch 123 & hitting info for the event time, it still came up with the "buy" button. i dont think it will work. i did connect my RCA's to a VCR and was able to record from it so that's a plus. not only that, it still displays back in widescreen... only in 480i though...

i went ahead and ordered online and i checked my D10 receiver. Going to ch 123 & hitting info for the event time, it still came up with the "buy" button. i don't think it will work. i did connect my RCA's to a VCR and was able to record from it so that's a plus. not only that, it still displays back in widescreen... only in 480i though...

The D10 can't see any of the mirrored M-Peg4 broadcasting this event? I would also think they would make the HD version available on one of the Mpeg-2 HD channels? Finally, some of these fights show up as 'not purchased' until the morning of the fight even if you purchased it.

Unless you purchased a very new & high end VCR your VCR is actually going to recorder it at 240 (gasp).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts