Help with VIP 222 installation and DP34/DP33

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

caymanseasider

Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Cayman
Just got a VIP 222 HD receiver. Live in a condo development and share satellite feeds, two dishes (1 is 119 and the other 110). They go into a DP34 switch at the end of our block. The input into my condo is just one feed coming out of the DP34 having both signals for 119 and 110 on it. The VIP 222 has two satellite inputs and my local installer reckons I need two input feeds to use both tuners. He reckons if I upgrade the switch to a DP33 then I can run both from one feed ? This is where I'm confused. If there are two satellite ins on the receiver even if I have one feed will both tuners work ? If not can I not just split the feed coming in into the apartment with a bog standard splitter instead of a new switch ? If I do need a DP33 does it matter that the input is coming out of a DP34 before it gets to my apartment ? Any help much appreciated as I'm not a techy.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Quick question. If there were two feeds coming into my apartment from the DP34 on the end of the apartment block could I connect them as input feeds into a DP33 sited in my apartment from which I could run just one cable out to a separator before connecting to the receiver ? Reason being I have no space left in conduit so really need to run just one cable.

won't work that way -- you'r better off using both lines from the 34 switch into both inputs without a separator. If you were able to switch the 34 for a 33 then you would be able to use one line into a separator. The separator should have 2 short cables that go into inputs 1 and 2. 34 sw is DishPro and 33 sw is Dish Pro Plus. A separator (which allows you to use 1 line) can only be used with Dish Pro Plus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts