help with wiring cable

rxmurphy

Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hi. Actually I do NOT want to wire. That's why I am here. I have cable internet, comes into house on a coax. I also have satellite TV on a separate coax. Both go to different rooms. I want both going to the TV room. Can I split the tv cable to include the internet signal? This would avoid me from running wires, which would be visible.

Any help is appreciated.

depends on who you have cable internet through, different companies use different frequencies for their internet service. Some interfere, some don't.

If you really didnt want to run any wire, I would probably just put in a wireless router, powerline network adapter, ect to get the internet into the tv room. But thats just me :)

If you check your wiring there probably is a splitter on the outside (usually in an enclosure) which feeds your tv and int modem. If there is a bandpass filter involved, just move it to the splitter you will be putting inside.

If you check your wiring there probably is a splitter on the outside (usually in an enclosure) which feeds your tv and int modem. If there is a bandpass filter involved, just move it to the splitter you will be putting inside.

no splitter... he has satellite tv with cable internet

Opps........didn't see that.
In that case he can try diplexers.......but like you said....depends on frequency.

Thanks for the quick replies

Opps........didn't see that.
In that case he can try diplexers.......but like you said....depends on frequency.
I appreciate it. My internet cable is with comcast, satellite TV is dish. Any way of knowing ahead of time if diplexers will cause interference or not, or should I just try and see?

Also I already have wireless, but it's too far away I suspect. That's why I want to move it to another room (floor) of the house. Happens to be same room as my one TV, so I thought I could use the same cable and save the mess of pulling wires.

Yes, diplexing will be fine. I'd be extremely surprised if any cable company used - or had the systems to be able to use - the frequencies that Dish uses.

It should be fine.

WildBlue Bandwidth Usage Statistics...

Hughes 4th quarter and end of year financial results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)