Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
I need some help guys.
Here is what I've got I have an older dish 500 antenna and currently under dish install when i do a check switch check It shows dish switch installed is 500 twin. all good here so far. I only have 2 cables into the house from the head. I currently have a 4900 receiver and a 508 receiver. I just acquired an new 942 receiver and a dp34 switch. I am going to ditch the 4900 and just have the 508 and the 942. I hooked up the 2 inputs to the input side of the dp34 and my current receivers to the receiver sides of the switch and it looses the 110 signal on both of the recivers. I figured I try the install out first before I hook up the new 942 and am really chasing my tail. What am I doing wrong. I also didn't mention that with the new 942 I am not looking for HD programming at this time. I know it needs that 3'rd satellite input.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I looked in dish network's tech portal and I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Todd

yes i did

Yes I did a check switch and it showed up a lot of garbage that didn't make sence. it did recognize the dp34 but there were a lot of x's in the boxes.

Mybe I should have worded the question differently. Basicall what I have is 2 lines into the house and with adding a 942 I need a 3'rd input for the 2 receivers. what do I need or what am I doing wrong. The new 942 came with 2 splitters but they seem to be not what I need the are 123254 seperators that have 1 input and to sat out outputs. they are like reverse of what i need. in a nut shell i need to split one of the inputs for the 942.

Thanks in advance.

todd

I have a dlnbf head on my dish 500 antenna now. if I switch the head to a dish pro head will it bolt up to the yoke and if so which dp head do i need?

hold up.
since you have to buy a new lnb anyway. Go with a DPP Twin. That will allow you to run the 942 and 508 off of 1 wire each (instead of having to run a second wire to the 942), and also has an input if you add a third satelitte location.

forget the DP34, unless you plan on adding another receiver anytime soon

Thanks for your replys. I contacted dish directly and they are sending me a DP lnb a reman unit with a warranty for 39.00 including shipping. I think that isa pretty good deal. Beats spending another 80 or so for a dpp44. They were really nice to deal with reguarding this issue I have. 2 thumbs up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)