Help!

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
I need some help guys.
Here is what I've got I have an older dish 500 antenna and currently under dish install when i do a check switch check It shows dish switch installed is 500 twin. all good here so far. I only have 2 cables into the house from the head. I currently have a 4900 receiver and a 508 receiver. I just acquired an new 942 receiver and a dp34 switch. I am going to ditch the 4900 and just have the 508 and the 942. I hooked up the 2 inputs to the input side of the dp34 and my current receivers to the receiver sides of the switch and it looses the 110 signal on both of the recivers. I figured I try the install out first before I hook up the new 942 and am really chasing my tail. What am I doing wrong. I also didn't mention that with the new 942 I am not looking for HD programming at this time. I know it needs that 3'rd satellite input.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I looked in dish network's tech portal and I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Todd

yes i did

Yes I did a check switch and it showed up a lot of garbage that didn't make sence. it did recognize the dp34 but there were a lot of x's in the boxes.

Mybe I should have worded the question differently. Basicall what I have is 2 lines into the house and with adding a 942 I need a 3'rd input for the 2 receivers. what do I need or what am I doing wrong. The new 942 came with 2 splitters but they seem to be not what I need the are 123254 seperators that have 1 input and to sat out outputs. they are like reverse of what i need. in a nut shell i need to split one of the inputs for the 942.

Thanks in advance.

todd

I have a dlnbf head on my dish 500 antenna now. if I switch the head to a dish pro head will it bolt up to the yoke and if so which dp head do i need?

hold up.
since you have to buy a new lnb anyway. Go with a DPP Twin. That will allow you to run the 942 and 508 off of 1 wire each (instead of having to run a second wire to the 942), and also has an input if you add a third satelitte location.

forget the DP34, unless you plan on adding another receiver anytime soon

Thanks for your replys. I contacted dish directly and they are sending me a DP lnb a reman unit with a warranty for 39.00 including shipping. I think that isa pretty good deal. Beats spending another 80 or so for a dpp44. They were really nice to deal with reguarding this issue I have. 2 thumbs up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts