This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Helping a friend

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ps2baseball

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Hey guys, not a DTV sub, but was wondering, is the 23 the newest DVR that they offer? It appears it is from the searching.

I also understand it has 2 tuners, but is it like Dish's, meaning I can have one line coming in and then split it? Or do I need two lines?

Yes HR23 is the latest. HR24 may be out later this year, speculated to add a touch front panel instead of button and networking over coax support, perhaps a little faster too, but a ways off yet.

It has two lines for a traditional dish setup, or you can use just port one if you get a SWiM setup (single wire), used for HD installs with multiple receivers generally.

So you can't use a splitter? I have a 722 for Dish, and I only have one line coming in, but it is split into two for the dual tuner functionality.

I can't run a second line for him, unless I want to run it across the floor.

As Jason said, unless he has a SWiM install you need two wires from the dish/multiswitch to the DVR, no splitters allowed otherwise.

It's either a LNB or switch module that allows the use of wide band splitters to route the DBS signal to the receivers. Up to 8 tuners can be connected to a SWiM8 or SWiMLNB, you might want to check DBSTalk.Com for more detailed info on how this all works.

I had the 722 as well. I recently just switched over to DTV and got the HR23. It's a great receiver but a lot different than the 722.

Unless you get this Swim thing (which I know nothing about) you'll have to run two cables. A splitter will not work. Also, you will not be able to plug 2 TV's into the HR23 like you can with the 722.

Overall the HR23 is your best bet if you are going to DTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.