Adding a Genie Mini

EnronRocks

Original poster
Jan 3, 2023
Tampa, FL
I've got DirecTV installed to a single TV in my house, it's a Genie HR54-500. I want to add a Genie Mini to the system for a TV that will be on the other side of the wall that the Genie HR54-500 is installed on. How would I go about accomplishing this? I did some searching to see if I could find any documentation or tutorials on how to do it, but I must not be searching the right terms.

I was looking at the Genie Mini's on eBay and they seem to be fairly cheap compared to purchasing it for $99 directly from DirecTV, although the $99 includes them sending out a tech to do the installation.

I've got DirecTV installed to a single TV in my house, it's a Genie HR54-500. I want to add a Genie Mini to the system for a TV that will be on the other side of the wall that the Genie HR54-500 is installed on. How would I go about accomplishing this? I did some searching to see if I could find any documentation or tutorials on how to do it, but I must not be searching the right terms.

I was looking at the Genie Mini's on eBay and they seem to be fairly cheap compared to purchasing it for $99 directly from DirecTV, although the $99 includes them sending out a tech to do the installation.
Are you going to be adding 4K Service? Currently there is NO wireless 4K MINI so you will need a RG6 Coax cable installed at that location + the TV would also need to be 4k. (WIRED 4K MINI is a C61K-700)

If you do not have 4k Service -you can get a wireless MINI from D*tv and add it to the new location.

why didn't you order it all together:facepalm. the tech could have had it up and running and the client will extend your contract!!! in your case by how long i dunno