Here comes replacement #4

dhickman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Central OK
This is getting really really old.

I have had the techs out here three times, with them replacing a receiver twice, now I am getting another sent to me next week.

I asked to be downgraded to the 722k and get my $200 back and I was told that it was not possible.

My install is a brand new install with everything new. With S104, the box was flakey, but kinda usable. With S105, the box was completely unstable with it rebooting every day and a half or me pulling the plug or hitting the red button every other day.

Does anyone know of a factory reset code for this device that will force it to format the hard drive and redownload the EPG?

I have done the official procedure of deleting ( 90+ hours of video) and doing a reset to default, deleting all timers and re inputing them, but the problems keeps coming back.

any ideas?

on a side note, you should back up your timers to your remote before you reset it again..

Wow,
Still on our first 922 (knock on wood) and other than a few oddities at times it's been a great receiver.

Receiver #4, not even 48 hours, repeating problems

My install is a new install.

I am beginning to think that there has to be something uniquely wrong at my site to cause
4 different 922 receivers to have the same failure type.

This is a simple single dish western arc install with no OTA tuner.

The problem is that the receiver will do one, some, or all of the following in software version S101, S103, S104, S105

receiver 1 - S101 Show/recording will record show is recording past the time that the recording was scheduled to stop. If I select that show to view it, it will either show a black screen with a red dot with a slash through it, or it will show the current live video on whatever channel that tunner is tuned to. I can change the channels on this tuner with no warning. Called Tech, tech returned, reset the receiver, same behavior within an hour. Replaced with new receiver.

Receiver 2 - S101 - Same behavior as receiver 1 - Called Dish, sent replacement receiver.

Receiver 3- S103 - Worked ok. Internet buggy and sling was buggy. S104 - Very buggy at first after S104 update. Internet and SLing worked great. System seemed to stabilize and was quite useable. System remained up with no issues until S105. Then the S101 symptoms returned with the added feature of after the reboot, the recording in question would not delete until a second reboot. The S101 behavior will continue until the receiver crashes within 48 hours or I have to reboot (hard or soft) due to malfunctioning. System will get slower and slower within 48 hours until reboot needed. The system would start to fail withing 40 hours of uptime, with total failure @48 hours. System would also miss recordings, and or start recordings 20 minutes into show, or end show 10 minutes or so early. Called dish, Another replacement.

Receiver 4 - S105 - exhibited the black screen after updates. Hard rebooted box. Also completely reprogrammed this system, did not use backup from remote. System works. System was shut down today due to power outages in area. Tonite 5 hours later the system is showing the S101 symptoms. I installed this receiver last night.

IDEAS? This makes no sense at all. The fact that you guys seem happy with S105 makes me thing that there is something wrong with my install.

The switch tests fine. THe only errors in the diagnostic screen is failed umounts, and the locks increase over time.

receiver 1 - S101 Show/recording will record show is recording past the time that the recording was scheduled to stop. If I select that show to view it, it will either show a black screen with a red dot with a slash through it, or it will show the current live video on whatever channel that tunner is tuned to. I can change the channels on this tuner with no warning. Called Tech, tech returned, reset the receiver, same behavior within an hour. Replaced with new receiver.

I've seen this red slash issue from time to time in all the software versions. Can usually be fixed without a reboot by starting a different recorded program and then you can go back to whatever it is you were doing. Seems like some sort of software bug.

I've seen this red slash issue from time to time in all the software versions. Can usually be fixed without a reboot by starting a different recorded program and then you can go back to whatever it is you were doing. Seems like some sort of software bug.

I can deal with the red dot issue. That is easy to fix most of the time.

The locked recording is what is getting old. I had a 2day 2 hour episode of south park on the new system that required two reboots in order to be able to delete it.

dhh

My 922 did the same thing a few days ago. Went to start a show that should have been over for 2 hours but still had the record symbol on it. When I selected it, it went to live tv. Would not let me select another recording. Rebooted and was able to delete the recording. Have not had it happen since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)