Here for some wiring help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bashy

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Glad to found this place, been trying to figure out how to setup my dish with the minimal wiring from roof to switch inside closet (40-50 feet of wires). I have a Phase 3 HD dish with 3 HD receivers in the house. I also want to pull wire from the OTA HD antenna even though I already get HD via D**.
My plan is to find out if I can only pull 2 wires from the dish over the roof instead of 4 and 1 dedicate wire for the OTA into a 5x4 switch and spread through the house to 3 receivers!?
Can't I Use a switch by the dish to only have to pull 2 wires and then cascade with another switch to spread to the 3 receivers?
Thanks in Advance.

bashy,

you COULD run 2 coax to the CASCADABLE switch in the closet with a diplexer outside for your ota antenna.

be fore-warned, this setup WILL NOT work with the new 5 lnb setup.

for the ota you will need two coax to EACH ird, one dbs and one ota, or so we are told.

You will need all 4 lines from the Phase 3 dish run into the closet!!!!! You will need a 5th line for OTA. The cascadable multi switches need the 101 12 volt and the 101 18 volt signals and they also need the 119 12 volt and the 119 18 volt signals hence 4 lines in. If you upgrade to the 5 LNB dish the OTA frequencies will become part of the signal for that dish so you will need a 5th line if you want to continue to receive OTA after the upgrade.

Welcome to the forums, Bashy!

Yeah, for ANY future growth (like getting dvrs :) ) you really want to run all 4 lines to the closet plus a line to the OTA antenna.

Cheers,
Tom

boba said:
You will need all 4 lines from the Phase 3 dish run into the closet!!!!! You will need a 5th line for OTA. The cascadable multi switches need the 101 12 volt and the 101 18 volt signals and they also need the 119 12 volt and the 119 18 volt signals hence 4 lines in. If you upgrade to the 5 LNB dish the OTA frequencies will become part of the signal for that dish so you will need a 5th line if you want to continue to receive OTA after the upgrade.

oops, forgot he said phase3 dish, correct, 4 lines for the sat and 1 for ota

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)