Here is a bizarre problem for you guys...

NDeans

Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
I have a 622 with the 441 firmware. I have had this reciever for about 9 months now.

Last night Input 1 died, intermittant signal, shows the switch connection to be good. It was noting a LNB drift problem.

Now the weird part:

I reset the reciever 4 times and was running check switches on it trying to resolve the problem, and at one point the reciever says that both remotes are on the same channel and one needs to be changed. So, I change the primary remote to Channel 8 and leave the secondary on Channel 1. After I get home from work today, I call E* and am talking to tech support and while looking at the system info screen it shows the primary remote on channel 8 and the seconday remote on channel -39!

Yeah that's not a typo, channel -39.

So what's up? Is the most likely conclusion that the reciever IS toast, and it isn't LNB drift, or has this happend to anyone else?

The tech I talked to said he had never heard of this and it isn't in the troubleshooting manual.

The lnb has failed. LNB drift is the result of a failed component called a DRO or Dielectric Resonator Oscillator. Most likely, it's due to heat damage.

The lnb needs to be replaced,

Maybe

441 s/w is reporting the LNB drift may or may not be my 622 was showing LNB drift not long after 441 was downloaded. It will depend on how much drift and if receiver can compensate. Now w/ no pix on the input then maybe it history. to find out switch the LNB leads and see if the problem move to the tuner if it has it's the LNB . If it stays on same tuner then the 622 is the problem.

441 s/w is reporting the LNB drift may or may not be my 622 was showing LNB drift not long after 441 was downloaded. It will depend on how much drift and if receiver can compensate. Now w/ no pix on the input then maybe it history. to find out switch the LNB leads and see if the problem move to the tuner if it has it's the LNB . If it stays on same tuner then the 622 is the problem.

I switched the two inputs, 2 was working and 1 wasn't. When I switched them it stayed the same. 1 not working, and 2 working

Any Ideas on the remote channel issue?

I noticed that neither of you two said anything about that.

Any Ideas on the remote channel issue?

I noticed that neither of you two said anything about that.

Hope you got it fixed. Did you try dis-connecting sat1 and sat2 from vip622 and then run Check Switch to clear the switch. I had to reboot a bunch of times till it got back to normal. Remote1 address 1 and Remote2 address 1 works for me

DVR Question - Choosing Tuners

Dish HD Distribution to second TV (now and future)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)