Here is a interesting finding.......

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
I have SuperDish121. Just looked the "Point Dish" screen on 622 and noticed there I can get the signal on 118 (at high 80s), it will get lock, then in few seconds, it will indicate the "wrong satellite".

Is this mean when Dish starts using the 118, the SuperDish121 will get 118 automatically? Maybe the software will switch the LUN for both 119 & 118?

...... or I am just dreaming......

There is no satellite at 118 yet.

It will be there soon. :)

Look at the stickies for information about 118 and the special new dish needed to view it. (Most people will not need a new Dish as they will not need any of the content coming off of the 118 satellite.)

AMC 16 is at 118

AMC 16 is at the 118 orbit location and has been for a few days now

hzhao said:
I have SuperDish121. Just looked the "Point Dish" screen on 622 and noticed there I can get the signal on 118 (at high 80s), it will get lock, then in few seconds, it will indicate the "wrong satellite".

Is this mean when Dish starts using the 118, the SuperDish121 will get 118 automatically? Maybe the software will switch the LUN for both 119 & 118?

...... or I am just dreaming......
You're dreaming.

Actually what you are doing is reading the signal strength for the satellite carrying the channel you were last watching. When you select a satellite on the point dish screen that you can't get you get the reading for the last satellite that was tuned. That is why it says "Wrong satellite" the receiver is looking for 118 and you could be actually tuned to 110 or 119 or 121 but defiantly not 118.

While a satellite is on its way to its destination you cannot see the signal strength of it until it is parked at its destination is that correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)