slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Throwing the flag on D*!!!! {RANT!}

MODS PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS, THANKS!

In an effort to get DirecTV to change thier position... kind of a NEW topic, and it needs the standalone traffic.

As I pledged at the No HD Tax site, I cancelled my subscription to the NFL ST for this season, along with some other programming. So last night I get my mail and there is an ad in there from DirecTV. Contained in the ad is a yellow flag from DirecTV reading "It's MY Sunday!!!" The flag is to represent ones used my NFL officials.

My wife coins the big idea "Why don't you send it back and ask them if the cost of s**t like that is the reason we don't get our HD games for free this year?" :eureka

So here I am, the best satellite forum on the Internet, asking you all to join me in returning the little yellow marketing tricks, back to DirecTV and asking them that exact question. I don't know how many people received them but perhaps enough to make a difference. My thoughts are that even if made in China the flags cost D* 65-85 cents each, then the mailing costs certainly were .35 - .55 depending on the bulk rate they receive.

I will be sending my flag to the office of the president, as my last letter was. Perhaps the uppers will realize that this is not a cool idea after all. Here is the address.

Chase Carey
c/o DirecTV Group
2250 E. Imperial Hwy.
El Segundo, CA 90245

Like Bartles & James ... we thank you for your support!

Slacker, you have my 100% support! Awesome Idea! If for some stupid reason, D* sends one of those things my way I'll be sure to forward it on to the the appropriate person. !protest Down With HD Taxes!

This is a GREAT idea!! I've stickied the topic so that more people see it.

You guys are NASTY!!! Man that is just evil. Well it looks like Scott has gotten it half way there with the price reduction. I still would like to see the HD games removed from the SuperFan package ... $49 is still too much to charge when these have been free in the fast.

However, I think we will look goofy if only the 4 of us send in our flags. Is nobody else onboard with us?

riggscm said:
atta boy cr0mag!

well if I get a flag, I'll send it back... and I may just wipe something else with it.

I'll post some pics of the wiping if I do get one.

:yikes No Pics please...lol Just the thought of some less than pleasant smelling mail to D* is making me happy. Tra-la-la-la-la! :neener

No horror movie in the past 5 years has creeped me out as much as that damn Burger King guy. He's right up there with Jason's hockey mask.

I'm with you there panther.... You have to wonder what the board at B*king thought when they saw that crazy thing. The comercial where he's in some guy's bed when he wakes up??? DISTURBING!

I hate that BK freak... no horror movie really scares me.. but that costume just freaks me the freak out...

and yes i will be sending my flag in as well... i doubt ill wipe anything with it... i may spray it with dog trainer scent (the stuff to teach them where to go... it is very rank)

riggscm said:
By far my fav BK commercial these days is the one where the BK guy and Darth Vader are breathing... its just freaking hilarious!!

"I am your....UNCLE!" Haha, gets me every time!!

I got the flag a while back, might have already tossed it out but if not I will send mine to that address above.
King vs. Vader

bk_wueatordie.gif

bk_doglaugh.gif

bk_dogdistant.gif

That last one reminds me strangely of monty python and the quest for the holy grail.

On BK.com there is a flash game that you can play to defeat vader... and the BK guy keeps running in and out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)