Here is how I plan to retaliate for the NFL ST HD Tax {RANT!}

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea, I know what you mean. Bought an upgraded HD Tivo from Weeknees in April and 2 weeks later found this forum and found out about mpeg4 and now this ST crap. Gave the wife my old HDVR2 and if I try to take that away in protest I'd pull back a bloody stump. Jaded13, Sorry bout the REMF remark. Way outta line brother. Don't know you, can't judge you. But you've got to admit, to jack things up this much without any kind of forplay is like going to mama sans and, well, you know!

I am not out to flame anyone. I do want people to know that DTV and the NFL probably made the blackout rule as part of a contract. It was probably a part of the negotiations, if you want to call it that, for DTV to get the NFL Sunday ticket. Both parties probably agreed upon it. When DTV says it is an NFL policy they may be telling the truth. It also may be DTV's policy.

I found this out last year when I struggled like crazy with DTV after the first six games of the NFL Sunday Ticket were blacked out in my area. DTV and I had many conversations. Not that my voice counts for anything, but that is what I was told!

DTV's and the NFL's way of doing blackouts may be part of the agreement between the two parties. You'll have to push up into the managerial ranks and above CSR's to get them to "possibly" admit it, but when I pushed up there last year that is exactly what I was told.

Not that it matters who says what, or whose policy it is. What matters is the black out policy does exist.

Oh... one more thing. I got rid of DTV all together today. I've been a costumer since about 1996. The $300 and over cash price for the ticket, plus the blackout rule for a person that can't get any reception with an antenna is a deal clincher for me. I gladly paid my 12.50 for the months I had remaining. It was cheaper than my monthly bill when all was said and done.

Now I'm with Dish (((((vavavavavooooooom)))). And to be honest I don't see where DTV is going to get much more HD content very soon. Free new equipment or not, it is all about HD content for me now, since they robbed the NFL ST from my wallet. And I count 17 channels of HD (excluding the movie channels) with Dish. I only count 5 with DTV, plus whatever networks you qualify for. Bye DTV! I won't miss ya!

I'm about to pull the plug on D* myself - they have till the end of this year to get the HD figured out. The ONLY reason I hadn't changed in the past was because of sunday ticket. Well, now I don't really "need" sunday ticket. My wife is a Giants fan, which plays on FOX NY, which I have a waiver for, therefore, I get the game, and I don't get any of the games blacked out, (Including when they were playing the blacked out game for here last year.) The only thing that stinks is E* doesn't have FOX NY in HD.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)