here we go again, another dispute between Dish & Tegna impending

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
as i was watching WFAA channel 8's news at 4 just a moment ago, i saw a scroll warning Dish customers that about a pending takedown of the Tegna owned stations on Dish which reads this "Attention Dish subscribers: starting at 6:00 PM November 30, WFAA may not be available on Dish. You could lose access to your favorite ABC network programs and your local news, weather and sports. Tell Dish to keep WFAA on the air. visit wfaa.com/dish to learn more".

looks like the current Dish/Tegna agreement is about to come to a end. the last blackout from Tegna on Dish came on October 9, 2015 and reached a new deal 2 days later on October 11, 2015.

anyway, this is a heads up for those who live in Markets that have a Tegna Owned station that these stations will go bye-bye on Dish's lineup after tomorrow night.

i don't have Dish now as i have DirecTV, but i used to be a Dish customer and still feel your pain Dish customers.

here's a list of Tegna owned stations:
Tegna, Inc. - Wikipedia

Reactions: HipKat
Swanni was also talking about it this after on his twitter account too i saw the posting too

Isn't KGW now operated by Sanders LLC? I knew they used to be Tegna (KING & KONG Seattle), but apparently maybe Tegna still controls the programming? On that note, Both the Univision stations in Seattle & Portland are not owned by Univision, so does that mean Dish has a dispute with that corp too? Otherswise why would we lose the programming? At least I get KGW OTA.

Looking at their website, it's hard to tell who owns KGW, but if Tegna doesn't own them they operate them.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using the SatelliteGuys app!

Since we pay extra for locals, why doesn't Dish just pay the extra on locals and pass it on to the customers in those markets? If people did not want to pay the extra,then drop locals.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Just saw it in Denver for 9NEWS/KUSA. I went searching, but ran here realizing I'd get more and better info.

I watch this channel all the time and tonight was the first I've seen anything. But the curious thing is that they could go at 5pm on Nov 30th. That's less than a 24 hours notice, for me. With all the time I have spent on that channel and haven't seen anything until now, that tell me that TENGA is pulling something. Thank goodness I have the OTA adapter just for these reasons.

Found this. Not finding much more:

Just now:
DISH Network Alert | 9news.com

October 2015. So it's happened before . . .
Dish’s Latest Blackout: Satcaster Loses TV Stations in 38 Markets in Fight With Tegna

I watch this channel all the time and tonight was the first I've seen anything. But the curious thing is that they could go at 5pm on Nov 30th. That's less than a 24 hours notice, for me. With all the time I have spent on that channel and haven't seen anything until now, that tell me that TENGA is pulling something.
Actually it just means negotiations took a turn for the worse. If things had looked like they were going to come to an agreement, why bother notifying viewers?

Reactions: SandFarmer
That would be the fair thing to do is to give the viewers another station (same net) for us. Since it looks like both KING & KGW (Seattle & Portland) are both NBC Tegna stations, so we should get another, like NBC out of Spokane, Boise,etc.

Since we pay extra for locals, why doesn't Dish just pay the extra on locals and pass it on to the customers in those markets? If people did not want to pay the extra,then drop locals.

You could make the same argument for all channels. Since you don't pay for locals, you don't mind DISH just paying whatever the locals ask. I feel the same way about all the channels that you watch, just pay what they ask and pass the cost on to Burgess Meredith. ;)

Actually it just means negotiations took a turn for the worse. If things had looked like they were going to come to an agreement, why bother notifying viewers?

"I feel like someone turned out the lights and then apologized." "Yeh, I've been here before, but they smeared the channel with all kinds of warnings and call to actions."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts