Here We Go Again: Dish - DirecTV DBS Merger Talk Heats Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FCom911

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Here We Go Again: DBS Merger Talk Heats Up

(SkyReport) Talk about a possible DBS merger heated up Tuesday, with the Wall Street Journal reporting that DISH Network CEO Charlie Ergen is contemplating another attempt to join forces with small dish rival DIRECTV.

DISH's recent struggles prompted some of the DBS merger suggestions, stated the Journal article. However, the satellite TV companies may have some motivation to pursue a combination given the recent merger success between satellite radio rivals Sirius and XM.

DIRECTV and DISH attempted to merge operations in 2001, but were thwarted by regulators worried that a combination would lead to a dominant provider of video services in rural and underserved communities.

As expected, the companies didn't offer any comment on the Journal article.

What is up with you people? :confused:

Why should I search for information? I subscribe to a trade publication that feeds me, I intern, share. Its written differently... concisely... it isn't a string that one must read to follow and understand...

Scott communicates with me directly, on occasion, and hasn't complained...

Chill!

People bookmark the Dish forum... we know the staff does allot at SatGuys, but please, stop assuming everyone reads every little nook and cranny of SatGuys, they/we don't.

Simply put... You don't like the posts, you don't have to read them. :)

Why should I search for information? I subscribe to a trade publication that feeds me, I intern, share. Its written differently... concisely... it isn't a string that one must read to follow and understand...

Scott communicates with me directly on occasion, and hasn't complained...

Chill!

People bookmark the Dish forum... we know the staff does allot at SatGuys, but please, stop assuming everyone reads every little nook and cranny of SatGuys, they/we don't.

Simply put... You don't like, you don't have to read it. :)
well said :up

Scott communicates with me directly, on occasion, and hasn't complained...

Chill!

Simply put... You don't like the posts, you don't have to read them. :)

You did not even have to search for this info, it was on the same page you posted this thread on. All you have to do is look at the forum, before you blindly post the same information. It's that simple.

There is no reason to look in every nook and cranny, you seem to post the same info about 4-12 hours after the original post, just look ahead by that much time, and see if your post is necessary.

Think about this; we do not have to read your thread, but you are pushing down everyone else's thread that might have good information in it, when your post is just duplicating an earlier thread, thus creating the problem you seem to have with looking for information already posted. A vicious cycle indeed.

Last edited:
You did not even have to search for this info, it was on the same page you posted this thread on...

Yaz, not to be rude, but it wasn't on the 1st page of the 'Dish Forum'. How deep do you expecte people to dig? I read the first page... that's pretty much it, and imagine others do as well.

Futhermore... I'm not wanting to start a new string... Its reporting Dish news.

Your griping pushes it back up to the top... I don't want to discuss this anymore... please ;) Thank you

You did not even have to search for this info, it was on the same page you posted this thread on. All you have to do is look at the forum, before you blindly post the same information. It's that simple.

There is no reason to look in every nook and cranny, you seem to post the same info about 4-12 hours after the original post, just look ahead by that much time, and see if your post is necessary.

Think about this; we do not have to read your thread, but you are pushing down everyone else's thread that might have good information in it, when your post is just duplicating an earlier thread, thus creating the problem you seem to have with looking for information already posted. A vicious cycle indeed.

Oh jeez! Stay on your side of the fence! I get so damn tired of people playing cop on this site. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts