Here's a Puzzler

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
I called Dish to upgrade from my 811 to a 942. I was told I had to go to a local retailer. When I asked for the name of a local retailer they didn't know who it was. When I signed up I called the Dish 800 number....not a local retailer. If I understand this correctly Dish can not help me with a 942 upgrade....I have to find out somehow who my local retailer is. Is this correct???

GaryPen said:
Puzzler? Wasn't he one of Batman's arch-villians?

And, call back until you get a CSR that makes more sense. Each time you call, you'll get a different answer. That's Dish's award-winning customer support.
As GaryPen says play CSR roulette... like Vegas either ya win or ya lose... But what plan are you on? If you own your 811, and have no luck with E*Csrs then google dishnet and local dealers, if ya find one see what they will do for you.

In the Dish phone tree, choose option 3, TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

You'll get a far more knowledgeable service representative.

NEVER choose another option for help with upgrading hardware or programming -- ALWAYS choose TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

You're welcome.

Update: I went to my local retailer and he will make a better deal than DISH for the 921 HD-DVR. However, he said that I could call DISH and get the 942 on a lease basis. Apparently, it is not true. DISH told me there was a 3 day window for that when I joined which no one apparently mentioned at the time. Sure can't find it in all my printed information. DISH continues to drop in my book of ratings. VOOM is the only thing that keeps me with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)