Hero's and Icons #29 now only in Spanish, WTF

H2Guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2022
Santa Fe
I recently noticed one of my favorites Hero's and Icons channel has gone spanish??? Whats the deal with this,, I thought we lived in the US not Mexico??? Someone mention channel 293 which was an SD channel that doesn't exist since Dish deleted a sat. anyone know how I can get my english channel back?

If you're talking about the local channel KUPT/29 in the Albuquerque-Santa Fe DMA, they dropped H&I back in 2021 after Ramar sold it and their sister stations KASA and KTEL to NBCU. H&I is now on KOB 4.2.

Their national feed is still available on Dish 293 which moved to the 119 slot back in May.

I do not get channel 293, channel 29 is there and has the Hero's and Icons logo but is now in spanish. There is no english version of this channel that I can find. I guess I will need to call them on Monday.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I do not get channel 293, channel 29 is there and has the Hero's and Icons logo but is now in spanish. There is no english version of this channel that I can find. I guess I will need to call them on Monday.
The logo is simply wrong. When the station sold it moved to spanish programming. Until H & I is available on another of your local channels it's gone. At least until DISH finds room on 110 or 119 to add channel 293.

Well, unfortunately that is not correct, at least not now. I checked the other channels on that transponder and they exist but 293 isn't there. I will do a bit more checking on this.
I have sent a note to the proper place asking for assistance. We'll see what happens.

Well, unfortunately that is not correct, at least not now. I checked the other channels on that transponder and they exist but 293 isn't there. I will do a bit more checking on this.
This might sound silly, but is this channel included in your package, because the sats and transponders listed above ARE correct? I know some things have changed up a bit....