Hesitation on channels

bills41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Recently on both of my tv sets when you go from one channel to another there is a pause for a few seconds before the picture comes on. It is not on all channels. Any suggestions or comments on what may be causing this?

Could be a switch issue. There is always a delay when changing channels on any satellite or digital cable service. Are you saying that some channels take longer than others? Are they alway the same channels or does it make a difference what channel you are switching from?

See ya
Tony

Recently on both of my tv sets when you go from one channel to another there is a pause for a few seconds before the picture comes on. It is not on all channels. Any suggestions or comments on what may be causing this?

I'd say it normally takes 2-4 seconds, at least with a DVR. What kind of delay are you seeing?

On my 522 it takes about 1-2 secs to switch to another channel. My HDTV with OTA broadcasts takes at least that long too.

You mean at one point yours was faster than that? That has always been the case for me on anything but a 301... even then it takes at least a second...

You might want to do a quick search on how to check for LNB drift. A high drift will sometimes cause a receiver to take longer to tune the channel in. also if it is above a certain number, dish will send a tech out free of charge to replace that LNB.

You will know if it is an LNB drift if you go to menu 6-1-3 'system info one' and the status shows LNB drift detected...if it shows this then you definitely have a problem. The LNB, if I understand correctly from how it was described to me is when the LNB (the eye on the dish) does not stay connected on the frequency it needs to be locked on....kind of like a car radio, the farther away you drift from the main station you are listening to, the less clear the signal, same thing applies with the LNB. If an LNB drifts there is no other way to fix it other then to replace it.

If there is a signal strength issue on a particular TP it could slow down the decryption of the data stream as it would take the receiver longer to assemble a viewable first frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)