Hey Dish, your average customers sentiment

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
Found this on FB, made me think of Dish.

1379721_310997639040818_1215215804_n.jpg

Even if they accept you bulling them into scheduling jobs on Thanksgiving (Or X-mas, Or the 4th of July etc.) that is how they feel.

God forbid a family just sit and talk or play some board games together instead of watching TV. I do understand that there are still plenty of people in the US that do not celebrate Thanksgiving or have no family to spend it with so they may need their TV. Regardless, any person can go one day without TV.

God forbid a family just sit and talk or play some board games together instead of watching TV. I do understand that there are still plenty of people in the US that do not celebrate Thanksgiving or have no family to spend it with so they may need their TV. Regardless, any person can go one day without TV.

I don't have a problem with that, but make sure and tell the NFL to move the games off Thanksgiving Day

Without TV, maybe. I've got DVR!

Without SatelliteGuys, NEVER!

I volunteered to work Thanksgiving. As an internal tech they only schedule service calls that day. And it's supposed to only be customers that are without service. And they pretty much just take volunteers, they don't force you.

I don't know how it works for sub contractors/retailers.

I know it used to be different, but they started doing it this way last year.

I volunteered to work Thanksgiving. As an internal tech they only schedule service calls that day. And it's supposed to only be customers that are without service. And they pretty much just take volunteers, they don't force you.

I don't know how it works for sub contractors/retailers.

I know it used to be different, but they started doing it this way last year.

That is the policy for DISH internally. Service calls only and if the work load is light enough volunteer basis on top of holiday pay

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I wouldn't do any new installs on thanksgiving. But you got to service the ones who are completely down.

Having an overseas call center working on Thanksgiving is not a big deal for me, after all Thanksgiving is an American holiday and means nothing to their Philippines call centers.

If an installer in the US wants to volunteer to do repairs or installs for overtime that would be fine with me, but to force it is another story. I do not expect anything else to get fixed on Thanksgiving why should Dish be different?

We will NOT do any Dish work on any holiday regardless of a customer not having TV or not. If my technician decides he wants to do it he can but I will not make him do any work on holidays or Sundays. If i'm not going to work I do not expect any of my employees to work those days.

Dish is very good as scheduling service calls on holidays. Memorial Day seems to be the one they hit us on the most for some reason. Majority of the time the customer didn't even want it that day but Dish insisted on it. We just call the customer as soon as we get the work order and first try to fix the problem over the phone. If we find that they really do need a service call then we set up a better date and in some cases we are able to do it sooner than the scheduled date.

I think a lot of retailers do it the same way we do.

We will NOT do any Dish work on any holiday regardless of a customer not having TV or not. If my technician decides he wants to do it he can but I will not make him do any work on holidays or Sundays. If i'm not going to work I do not expect any of my employees to work those days.

Dish is very good as scheduling service calls on holidays. Memorial Day seems to be the one they hit us on the most for some reason. Majority of the time the customer didn't even want it that day but Dish insisted on it. We just call the customer as soon as we get the work order and first try to fix the problem over the phone. If we find that they really do need a service call then we set up a better date and in some cases we are able to do it sooner than the scheduled date.

Yup, same way. We also seem to get hit on the 4th of July as well as Memorial Day.

We occasionally do Sunday/Holiday work, but if we do I do it myself. :)

I know you talk about Dish CSRs insisting on a holiday tech visit. I can only talk for one call center, but I have never known anybody, or heard anybody at the admin level, ever suggest that a customer take a holiday time frame for a tech visit. If anything, the CSRs are told to make it as late as the customer is okay with, to leave the sooner dates for the really escalated customers. Really, on the CSR end, there is zero benefit to selecting a certain date for a customer. Whether they'll admit it, a lot of customers get extremely agitated if Dish can't schedule a tech visit for that day or the next day. I've never heard (being on a call or listening to one) a customer be asked to take a sooner date than they want, but I have heard, hundreds of times (or more), customers threaten to cancel if Dish cannot get a sooner tech visit time.

Again, mileage may vary, but I can only offer my two cents worth based on something north of 10,000-15,000 tech calls.

I know you talk about Dish CSRs insisting on a holiday tech visit. I can only talk for one call center, but I have never known anybody, or heard anybody at the admin level, ever suggest that a customer take a holiday time frame for a tech visit. If anything, the CSRs are told to make it as late as the customer is okay with, to leave the sooner dates for the really escalated customers. Really, on the CSR end, there is zero benefit to selecting a certain date for a customer. Whether they'll admit it, a lot of customers get extremely agitated if Dish can't schedule a tech visit for that day or the next day. I've never heard (being on a call or listening to one) a customer be asked to take a sooner date than they want, but I have heard, hundreds of times (or more), customers threaten to cancel if Dish cannot get a sooner tech visit time.

Again, mileage may vary, but I can only offer my two cents worth based on something north of 10,000-15,000 tech calls.

I'm just talking from experience. I call my customer up after I get the work order and ask them if we can do it earlier or after the holiday and the customer responds with "I didn't even want the service call that day but Dish insisted that it wasn't a problem and Dish would service it that day." I know that we still get customers that demand we do it on that day so I agree that it's not all on Dish.

I dont see the big deal here... its the nature of the job. Besides, its a holiday pay, goes by senority and volunteers.
Someone's got to man the ship.

I dont see the big deal here... its the nature of the job. Besides, its a holiday pay, goes by senority and volunteers.

Seniority. Not in all shops. There is no thing such as seniority in mine. Its all about numbers.

The big deal, being forced to work the holiday.

Its not a big deal when people volunteer.

The big deal, not everybody gets holiday pay to work it. In house guys: yes. Subcontractors: not so much.

I'm going to assume based on your response this is either your first or second holiday season working for dish.

Last year was the first year in the history of DNS to start the holiday volunteer process. Before that there was no difference between Christmas and and a Tuesday in April.

When you're a retailer there is no holiday pay or seniority. You just do the job because you have to. As for Dish techs, I'm not sure if they get holiday pay either. Seems like they work their butts off for average pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)