Hey Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Liquidforce88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
The Land Of OZ
Ok The complete signal loss screen sucks. You need to atleast let people get to the guide. Some of us have OTA antenna's and that stupid screen locks you out of them. Having to go into the menu and then select the guide is dumb.

I agree, just because you might lose signal from one orbital location does not mean you lost all of your signals!

Let us change the channels when the signal goes out and stop making it sound like everything is down when its not!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I agree, just because you might lose signal from one orbital location does not mean you lost all of your signals!

Let us change the channels when the signal goes out and stop making it sound like everything is down when its not!

Always thought complete signal loss meant what it said. Partial signal loss does allow the selection of channels that have signal.
I do agree that when the complete signal loss screen pops up it shouldn't prevent the direct selection of OTA.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

You can get around the screen, but pressing menu then selecting the guide, but the error message screen does not tell you this, it just leaves you there stuck and swearing at your TV.

You can get around the screen, but pressing menu then selecting the guide, but the error message screen does not tell you this, it just leaves you there stuck and swearing at your TV.

THis is the reason for my post. I install Dish and I was sitting here getting pissed because I could not go into the guide and select my local OTA. MOST people would not know to go into the menu then select the guide from there. THey would just sit there pissed because they could not see tv, even if they had OTA. And as Scott said, you may have signal loss on that transponder, but you may still have signal on other things, even from the same satellite. This stupid screen cost me several hours of time wasted working own system when 129 went down.

So Dish pull your head out, and allow the guide to come up and let us select another channel. If that one does not have signal have the screen come back up, but don't lock our hands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts