Hey guys

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

casa123

Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Hey guys help needed

I need help setting up my dish. I just bought DBS 2500 receiver and 76 inch dish, i am trying to install it, but no luck so far. This is my first time !!!.
Well, I did try. and if you guys are familiar with the receiver I have two bars level bar and quality bar well the qaulity bar is always 0% no matter where i posiition the dish.
any ideas please help. :confused:

The signal strength means nothing you are looking for signal quality only, what satellite are you try to point at? What channels are you looking for? When we know that you enter the Frequency, the polarity (H-V /L-R), and the symbol rate of a live channel then slowly move the dish until you see quality on the meter, please come over to the FTA/MPEG2 area for more advice, we will soon have you up and running!

Please move this post to the FTA/MPEG2 area, thanks!

I am on a Telstar channel right now its live so you can use that to point at, enter these coordinates....

Freq. 11836
Polarity V
S/R 20760

Let us know how you get on, have you got all the correct angles for your area pointing at T5 ?

correct angles

how to get the correct angles for my area pointing at T5. How to use it.
sorry i am new in this is Business. :shocked

Let me know your zip code and I will tell you the angles you need to point your dish.

Position cal

all right that waht I found:
Satellite Position 97.00 Latitude 27.77 Longitude 82.67 Azimuth 208.7 Elevation 53.9.
Now how to bring all that to live?

You are welcome,
Enter the above coordinates in the antenna setup screen, with your dish elevation set at 54 deg. slowly move the dish until you see quality on the screen, you have to be able to see the TV from the dish if possible or you will only ever find a satellite by luck! Might take a while but you will get it, a compass is a great help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)