Hey Scott ask E* at Ces When will we get SpeedHD

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
I want speedhd, saw it at a customers house on D* :eek::eek: Cough Cough yuck, I installed over the weekend. I hate the slimeline, as I would hate to have to put one up here and shell out $299 to D* to get an HD DVR!!!

Tell E* we need SpeedHd , well at Least before speedweeks and Daytona Truck race.

I agree. We need Speed HD!!! The channel is officially being launched on Feb. 7.. Hopefully we will get it the day it launches..

gimme SPEED HD

for sure E* needs to add SPEED HD on it's debut day! I'm watching Daytona testing right now and can't wait for the season and it's HD coverage to begin.
I'll see y'all at the 600 in Charlotte........

I want speedhd, saw it at a customers house on D* :eek::eek: Cough Cough yuck, I installed over the weekend. I hate the slimeline, as I would hate to have to put one up here and shell out $299 to D* to get an HD DVR!!!

Tell E* we need SpeedHd , well at Least before speedweeks and Daytona Truck race.

Dodge. I just called Direct and got the hddvr for $99. Plus $200 back on programming. I will still have Dish. Give them a call.

Dodge. I just called Direct and got the hddvr for $99. Plus $200 back on programming. I will still have Dish. Give them a call.

I could have it installed tomarrow if I wanted to... Go in the shop in the morning sign up and I could walk out the door with a Slimeline and HR21 as I am the installer, but I hate slimelines and dont want another bill!!! I like E* too much been with them for 10 years now and would hate to leave, especially with external hdd storage:):)

It will happen, and soon I am sure. Dish spends an awful lot of money promoting itself with race fans to let Speed HD get away for long. I must admit I am one of those that doesn't get why watching cars driving around on TV is interesting. In person it looks very exciting, and the NASCAR HD programming I have seen on FOX really does look good though.

What I REALLY don't get is why people listen to racing on Sirius satellite radio? Unless you are in attendance at the event, why would you listen to someone talking about cars driving around the track? Eh, each to his own I guess.

I used to love Nascar until the TV contracts of 2000 took effect. After that there were just too many commercial breaks and they seemed to be of longer duration. Its hard enough to sit around through 3hrs of racing, but its even harder to sit through it when 1hr+ of it is just commercials.

Add to that the ever present on screen bugs and ticker and even the show begins to get too messy to enjoy. Finally add to that the dumbing down of the sport where a yellow is thrown for even the simplest of of reasons and for some reason it now takes a 15 minute break in order to remove a small piece of debris from the track. I only seem to tune in now to the big races, Daytona, Talledega, etc...

I would still expect Dish to add this channel just because of their success with Roush last year would I'm sure give them the fever. I know that if I was a first time sponsor and I was in victory lane several times my first season, I would have the fever for more of the same.

Personally, I am more hot now for F1 and ALMS in HD. I've been watching F1 stretched ever since I got my Plasma, and least year finally got to see F1 in Widescreen on FOX and it looked great. I want more.

I used to love Nascar until the TV contracts of 2000 took effect. After that there were just too many commercial breaks and they seemed to be of longer duration. Its hard enough to sit around through 3hrs of racing, but its even harder to sit through it when 1hr+ of it is just commercials.

I never watch live anymore, I pause the the 1st hour and usually by the end of the race I'm back to live. Agree about 2000, between the new prosperity and losing Earnhart, NASCAR lost touch with its roots. :(

NightRyder

Speed TV is also a must in our house :) So here is hoping that "Dish" is listening.....Feb. 7th.

It will happen, and soon I am sure. Dish spends an awful lot of money promoting itself with race fans to let Speed HD get away for long.

One thing that would be a slap in the face is to have to watch the #16 Dish Network Ford racing in the Duals in SD on Dish Network while my brother-in-law gets to watch the Dish Network car in HD on D*. There is no DirecTV car. As an aside, Sirius sponsored the race at Watkins Glen for a few years an when NASCAR cut its satellite radio deal, they went with XM initially, who never sponsored anything. So much for loyalty!

Yeah I'm big time NASCAR FAN Speed HD would be great! Look out Dale Jr will be tuff this year. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts