Hey Scott, how about for fun you

Status
Not open for further replies.
goaliebob99 said:
We can have stophdlite.com offically sponcer the forums :)

The Offical Stophdlite.com Directv Hd Lite Disscussions forum LOL ;)

I agree "HD LITE" would be the correct way to list it.
here is DirecTV response about HD:

Dear Mr. Brewer,

Thank you for your recent e-mail. I am responding to your email regarding DIRECTV's High Definition (HDTV) programming services. First of all, thank you for taking the time to email DIRECTV. We appreciate hearing from our customers.

As you'll see from the FCC-backed information regarding DTV, more information is available at http://www.dtv.gov as an example, HDTV typically has a wide-screen display (16x9) that provides 900,000 to 2,100,000 million pixels. The Advanced Television Systems Committee, Inc., or ATSC, an international, non-profit organization developing voluntary standards for digital television, defines HDTV as having "a resolution of approximately twice that of conventional television in both the horizontal (H) and vertical (V) dimensions and a picture aspect ratio (HxV) of 16:9." DIRECTV's HDTV programming falls well within this pixel count and is High Definition under every accepted definition of HD. Further, DIRECTV's HD transmissions are in line with the ATSC voluntary standards established for direct-to-home satellite broadcasts.

We hope you understand that DIRECTV strives to provide its subscribers with the highest quality and broadest offering of HD programming possible. We also know that HD programming is important to you. Although we do not have plans to offer Voom's former HD channels, we continue to evaluate our available capacity and discuss the addition of HD channels with our program providers.

Thank you again for your inquiry.

Sincerely,
Bridger T
DIRECTV Customer Service

goaliebob99 said:
thats the same canned post that's on stophdlite.com :)

here is another response between me and DirecTV:

Original Message Follows:

we have been discussing Voom on DirecTV here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=64542&goto=newpost
some wants it and some don't. there is a few that
would really be of interest. I wish DirecTV would get
them going, thanks.

reply:

Dear Mr. Brewer,

Thanks for asking us about our HDTV package. I am sorry about any frustrations relating to HD programming.

As you might imagine, high-definition channels are some of the most expensive ones for us to carry, both in terms of what we pay the networks to distribute their programming and the technology we use to deliver them. As a result, the price per channel in this package is higher than most of our other packages.

However, we have listened to what our customers are saying and beginning March 1, we've reduced the price of our HD Package to $9.99/month. In addition, we're in constant discussions with program providers to continue adding new channels and programming. In fact, we added TNT HD on February 17 and ESPN 2 HD last fall.

Also, we're always looking for ways to enhance our services, and customer feedback is very important to us. I have forwarded your comments on to DIRECTV Management.

We often make changes to our service based on customer requests, and we conduct customer surveys on a regular basis to get feedback and new ideas.

Stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV for the latest news and announcements as they become available.

Sincerely,

Gary G
DIRECTV Customer Service

cablewithaview said:
here is another response between me and DirecTV:

Original Message Follows:

we have been discussing Voom on DirecTV here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=64542&goto=newpost
some wants it and some don't. there is a few that
would really be of interest. I wish DirecTV would get
them going, thanks.

reply:

Dear Mr. Brewer,

Thanks for asking us about our HDTV package. I am sorry about any frustrations relating to HD programming.

As you might imagine, high-definition channels are some of the most expensive ones for us to carry, both in terms of what we pay the networks to distribute their programming and the technology we use to deliver them. As a result, the price per channel in this package is higher than most of our other packages.

However, we have listened to what our customers are saying and beginning March 1, we've reduced the price of our HD Package to $9.99/month. In addition, we're in constant discussions with program providers to continue adding new channels and programming. In fact, we added TNT HD on February 17 and ESPN 2 HD last fall.

Also, we're always looking for ways to enhance our services, and customer feedback is very important to us. I have forwarded your comments on to DIRECTV Management.

We often make changes to our service based on customer requests, and we conduct customer surveys on a regular basis to get feedback and new ideas.

Stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV for the latest news and announcements as they become available.

Sincerely,

Gary G
DIRECTV Customer Service

Send him stophdlite's responce to hd lite and i bet he wont get back to you as its true :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)