HGTV PQ

Last time I looked at it, the PQ issue was the fact they were taking non-HD 4:3 footage and zooming in on it to make it 16:9.

Aren't most of the commercials still in HD? I'm seeing major breakup of pixels. They just ran a kenmore commercial of a washing machine and when the machine started it's spin cycle the picture went to H*ll:eek:

Aren't most of the commercials still in HD? I'm seeing major breakup of pixels. They just ran a kenmore commercial of a washing machine and when the machine started it's spin cycle the picture went to H*ll:eek:

Those channels in the HGTV, Bravo, Food area have garbage HD quality in the first place, on their end. I wouldn't care if Dish did screw with them as long as they keep the movie channels looking good:).

Those channels in the HGTV, Bravo, Food area have garbage HD quality in the first place, on their end. I wouldn't care if Dish did screw with them as long as they keep the movie channels looking good:).

The Movie channels are getting hacked too. Check out HBOZONE.

That's a special feature of the washing machine to keep dirt away from all of your clothes in general. Basically, it fires out an anti-dirt "EMP" and your clothes look brand new! Unfortunately, since HGTV deals with gardens and thus dirt, it is affected too. ;)

Aren't most of the commercials still in HD? I'm seeing major breakup of pixels. They just ran a kenmore commercia of a washing machine and when the machine started it's spin cycle the picture went to H*ll:eek:

Breakups of pixels are a sign of overcompression. I have not noticed such on DirecTV. HD on HGTV looks fine. Their SD shows are stretched, I never watch them. Too many repeats on those cable channels.