HH120 Excessive Play

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nags

Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Hi guys:

I have a HH120 motor hooked up to a Fortec 1.2m dish. The motor appears to have a lot of play in it and it loses signal on windy days. The motor appears to be robust and well built except for the excessive play.

Is there some way to fix this? The motor is more than a year old so I don't think I can send it back for warranty. I also live in Canada.

Hi:

Thats a good question. I have the same motor and there is a lot of play in it. My problem is at the center 'tipping point'. Everything to west of my true south (64W) is okay because it is compensated for but if I go east of that the motor mount connected to the dish settles a bit. Makes it difficult to get satellites east of my true south.

I wrote it off as something I had to live with but if anyone has any ideas?

is it actually the motor (gears) or is it the shaft. you can remove the shaft from the sg2100 and find play in it or in my case i used the larger (50mm) shaft when i replaced it and it sucked up alot of the play. the original shaft was a 42mm . don't know if the hh120 are like this. but if its the shaft and not the motor gears you might can shim up the shaft / tighten it.

it shouldn't have any play at all. my sg2100 has none. The only thing that moves in the wind is the mast a bit and the dish. I don't have an HH, so I wouldn't know if these should have play.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts