Hi, folks--- I'm new and

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkyhanks

Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
I have a question.
Dish keeps promising Hd locals (I get mine from Columbia, SC even though I live in Beaufort, Sc --on the coast).
Question is this--- am I in the spotbeam for either Atlanta or Charlotte? Would be no problem changing my address since I am billed in Beaufort but show a different physical address.

Thanks

I have a question.
Dish keeps promising Hd locals (I get mine from Columbia, SC even though I live in Beaufort, Sc --on the coast).
Question is this--- am I in the spotbeam for either Atlanta or Charlotte? Would be no problem changing my address since I am billed in Beaufort but show a different physical address.

Thanks

I assume you are talking about the HD locals. You will have problems with either of these. Atlanta HD locals are on 129 Nat Beam, but many people have trouble receiving 129 even in Atlanta. You would need a DISH 1000.2 in order to receive 129, or a second dish pointed at 129. The current 129 satellite does not have spotbeams, but there is talk of conversion when Ciel-2 goes up (currently scheduled for fall, but it's likely will be delayed)

Charlotte is a bit worse, as it requires a dish pointed at 118.75. These are also national beams. I doubt that any installers would install the required dish500+ or Dish1000+. You would probably need to buy this yourself from some place like dishstore.net and do your own installation.

Best of luck, and welcome to SatelliteGuys :welcome

I have a Dish 1000 and get 3 satellites---110,119 and 129. Will it work
And thanks for the reply earlier.

I have a Dish 1000 and get 3 satellites---110,119 and 129. Will it work
And thanks for the reply earlier.

If you are getting 129 you are good to go for now. Keep checking in here, as there will be some warning before 129 goes spotbeam. In addition, you will likely get warning on your locals over on 61.5.

Even better info if you join the pub. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts