Hi Guys Neewbe here.

MagMan

Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
Hi guys and Gals,
I am new here and would like to tell you about my problems,lol I bought the hughes net system last summer with the DW7000 I guess Having it hooked to a router and my sons PC also I ran into the Fair access act deal and was down graded alot. i called a few times and all of a sudden I was getting about 900mbs good for the pro plan,
So then they come up with the upgrade and I bought the HN7000S for $50.00 and upgraded to the 1500mbp plan, Wow what a difference I was getting about 1200mbp most of the time and low of about 850 to 900 at peak hours. It was well worth the $80.00 plan.
Then around x mas time My service dropped to like 300 in the morn and under 100 at night, I was not happy so around the first of the year I called and went through 2 different people and about 2 hours of phone time and finally got the right tec and he said none ever got anywhere close to the 1500mbp and anyone with problems they would down grade to pro plan and he put me on a different frecuancy or something that had less people on it and it should be better. After about a week of 300 to 550mbp I called and complained again, They said that was normal. Well no it was not because I enjoyed a lot better than that and the system speed was getting better everyday and they were working on it. So about 2 weeks later I was sick of it again and called and had them put me back to the $80.00 plan, I told them I can not work when its that slow actually my dial up is faster most of the time. So now I get between 550 and 960 most of the time. Not as good as the 1200 I was getting before x mas but hey better than the 100 to 550mbp. I think they sold to many systems at x mas time my self and have put them selfs to thin I don't know.
But What I think we need is a lawyer to start a class action law suit against them. So at least we would not have to pay the $300.00 termenaton fee or get the money back down to the $59.00 plan because most are not getting any better service than that. I have spent countless hours on the phone with them and its all documented along with my problems. I am not trying to be a jerk here or anything I just do not think its right that they can push us around like this and still charge an arm an a leg for the very bad service that alot are getting from them.
So theres my story thanks for letting me vent.
MM

My Guess is that your kid has a torrent tracker.

My sat is fine when I surf and I only have it downloading updates in the middle of the night when we are not using it.

350MB threshold with a 22.5 MB/Hour refresh is not that much. (that isnt even 1 TV show from Itunes)

Managing our downloads we have 800mbps downloads on the home plan when we actually want to use the internet and let the computers DL at night. ( and we also have 300ms ping times )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)