Hide VIP622 but still use remote?

elee532

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
I'm trying to move my VIP622 to an out of the way location. However, unlike with the TV2 remote, it seems that the main remote needs line of sight with the 622. Can someone suggest a way around this?

Thanks.

Some TV's have an ir pass through. If yours happens to have this feature, you just need an ir repeater to plug in the back of the tv, then place the other end in front of the 622.

Thanks for all the replies folks! I think I'm going to give the X10 IR repeater a try and see what happens.

Another question...

How much range can I expect from the TV2 remote? My planned location for the 622 will put it one floor down from TV2 in the basement. I can position the 622 almost right below the primary seating position. Will the signal travel down through the floor?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies folks! I think I'm going to give the X10 IR repeater a try and see what happens.

Another question...

How much range can I expect from the TV2 remote? My planned location for the 622 will put it one floor down from TV2 in the basement. I can position the 622 almost right below the primary seating position. Will the signal travel down through the floor?

Thanks!

Skip the X10, get this instead:
Amazon.com: Next Generation Remote Control Extender: Electronics

I've had one for about a year. I keep one of my Dish receivers in a closet, no line of site, and this works great. Only downside is that you need to install a little transmitter shaped like either an AA or AAA battery in your remote. If you have more than one remote for the hidden equipment, get a universal remote or additional transmitters. For most people, though, this thing is golden. It works so well, I completely forget about it. And, it is cheap ($34)!

Thanks griz_fan. I think I will give this a try. Does this impact the TV2 remote, or will the TV2 remote continue to function as it has?

Thaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)