hiding channels

xyz38

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Eastern NC
I am in NC and about all of the channels, The 250 + HD package, are duplicated on the higher channel numbers. I am on the eastern arc with a 1000.4 dish.

How do you hide channels so that they don't show on the channel guide? I have the ppv
channels locked but they still show on the guide.

I am in NC and about all of the channels, The 250 + HD package, are duplicated on the higher channel numbers. I am on the eastern arc with a 1000.4 dish.

How do you hide channels so that they don't show on the channel guide? I have the ppv
channels locked but they still show on the guide.
GO to menu.."locks" then look for "hide locked" or "hide locked channels"
You must lock the system using a 4 digit passcode selected by you.

After selecting the channels you want to be locked, select "hide locked" and they will be hid. The system must be locked for this to work.

The part that sucks is that you have to select Every. Freaking. Channel. for the locks list. Set aside about 10 minutes of pressing "Down" and "Select" on the block list. :rant:

You have to set a code, so that you can lock specific things, like PPV, Adult, or those specific channels. Once you set the code, you can hide the locked channels.

Sometimes my 722 gets confused and starts locking my recordings, but a 4-digit code unlocks them, and everything is normal again. As far as disabling functionality, no, locking doesn't really hurt anything.

I have tried hiding the ppv in the past and they still showed up even though lock ppv hide locked and locked system were all in effect. Marketing? lol
My suggestion is to make a favorites list with only what you want... does not keep the kids out tho.

Be careful to not lock channels that only get listed in the 4-digit range (if you get any).

Also, when a channel becomes available to you that wasn't before it might be locked and hidden (unless it wasn't numbered in the list and locked prior).

I have tried hiding the ppv in the past and they still showed up even though lock ppv hide locked and locked system were all in effect. Marketing? lol
My suggestion is to make a favorites list with only what you want... does not keep the kids out tho.
Could be that they added more PPV after you did that and those new added ones were showing up. It's always worked for me, and it's much better to hide locked channels so they don't show up in any guides you don't want them in and don't show up in any searches. It's annoying searching through 90% PPV & unsubscribed channels in a search.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)