Hiding duplicate SD channels on VIP722?

joshsquall

Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Is this possible without using the locks/creating a custom favorites list by hand? It seems like this is something that should be an option.

It would be nice if there was an option in the menu to do it, but it is not provided at this time. I would recommend locks over a custom favorite list since it makes it like the channel never existed in all searches.

The only problem with locks is you have to go through that WHOLE list of channels and mark each one to be locked out - -WHEW! takes a while!

But it's worth it when you don't have to mess with the extra channels even in the all channels list.

One reason not to use locks...

Most HD content (at least for me) is on 129. During a rainstorm I might lose my signal on 129, but still be clear on 119/110. I can change my guide to 'All Channels' and be able to watch the SD version of whatever show I'm watching. If the SD is locked out, you don't get that option.

One reason not to use locks...

Most HD content (at least for me) is on 129. During a rainstorm I might lose my signal on 129, but still be clear on 119/110. I can change my guide to 'All Channels' and be able to watch the SD version of whatever show I'm watching. If the SD is locked out, you don't get that option.
We're talking about hiding SD duplicates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)