high def. question

freddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
are 2 dishes required in order to receive high def. programming, along with the normal dish channels? i plan on getting an 811 along with a 522 and im curious how the set up is gonna be. i live in southern calif. if that makes any difference.

At the moment, almost all the HD is on 110. CBS-HD West is on 148 along with some copies of 3 channels that are also on 110. There's a demo channel on 61.5 - but it's just a loop.

Depending on which city you're in, you might have some locals on 148 -and so might get that dish for free. Whether you qualify for CBS-HD West is a different story.

For example, Los Angeles has a few locals on 148, and CBS-HD West IS the L.A. CBS, so you should qualify.

Go here for a list of where everything is. Scroll most of the way down to see the HDTV section.

wow, that was a fast reply. thank you, i really appreciate it. 1 dish should work, the other channels are not that important to me.

Freddy,

I live in SoCal too... and my suggestion is get the second dish... Who know's what Dish will do in the coming months/years/days??? They could add more or move channels to 148 and if you don't have the dish up, you'll miss out...

Also, with "three" dishes up you'll need a bigger switch, which will give you the option of more feeds for the future... probably a SW34 which can be cascaded easily.

Why not let Dish add the 148 dish now and save headaches later. After all it's free!

Just my $0.02.

IIRC, If your local CBS affiliate is O&O by CBS, you're in.

There are some other qualifying situations, too. Sorry, I don't remember them.

SimpleSimon said:
IIRC, If your local CBS affiliate is O&O by CBS, you're in.

There are some other qualifying situations, too. Sorry, I don't remember them.

I dont think it is O&O currently... ide have to call them again... ugh... another hour on hold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts