Please reply by conversation.
to convert with vlc
1 open vlc (I'm using v1.1.1)
2 click Media then select convert/save
3 select file(should already be there)then click "add"
4 navigate to the file you want converted and then double click on it
5 the path to the file should now be in the box to the left of "add"
6 click the "convert/save" box at the bottom right again
7 type a path and filename in the "destination" box ie c:\Highway Patrol.avi or c:\Highway Patrol.mp4
8 in the settings/profiles box select Video h.264 + AAC (mp4) (for now anyway, you can try different profiles and compare which gives you the best bang for the buck, or even create/tweak a profile by selecting the appropriate box next to the profiles dropdown box)
9 click on "start" and wait for the progress slider to get to the end
10 find the converted file and compare it to the original in size/quality

I noticed the creators of Highway Patrol tended to leave some things in that today would have been edited out. I have noticed numerous episodes where the reflections and shadows of the film crews and cameras were clearly visible. One outside scene in a field away from everything, the sound of an engine was heard running nearby, perhaps a generator? Another one, Dan jumped in the patrol car and grabbed the mic and was talking into the back of it.

Ever notice how often they jump into the passenger side of the car and climb over to the driver's side? The states are rarely mentioned on the license plates and covered with tape or the make of the car is simply like a 55 sedan. I love all the old cars and the way the cops always get their criminal in the end.

Heh..... I was watching Mr. Ed and I could clearly see the clear fishing string tied to him and I could very clearly see the hands of some guy trying to hide off to the side pulling on the strings.

Back in the day when TV was over the air only and TV's were all pretty low grade to begin with I think they assumed no one would be able to notice these things on those poor quality pictures of the times.

Sometimes you can see microphones hanging down from above in TV shows and movies, I see that fairly often. :eek:

And that show Sea Hunt, those things he inflates to float things up on all the time, I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty darn sure those are those heavy duty kids toy balloon things you blew up and had a big rubber band on and you would punch it back and forth sort of like in the fashion of those paddles that had a red rubber ball on a rubber band. I forget what they were called.

Some of the stuff they use for props is a real hoot!

Oh and I noticed on the Beverly Hillbillies today, the "cement pond" was only about two feet deep, if that much. I read somewhere that it was a prop pool on a sound stage made just for the show. I used to think it was at least deep enough to stand up in but I saw today that Elly May and Mark Templeton trying to make it appear they were floating on the surface of the pool when in reality they were laying on the bottom of it... :rolleyes:

The props are corny but it's ~still funny~ as far as I'm concerned and very grateful that it's available on TV after all these years.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bye means standing by!!! This was the first show to get the ok from the California Highway Patrol to use their name. CHIPS was the second. El_Viejo

In the credits for Highway Patrol, many episodes list Robert Kinoshita as the set designer. He also designed "Robby" the robot from Forbidden Planet and the Lost In Space robot "B9".

The Bye means standing by!!! This was the first show to get the ok from the California Highway Patrol to use their name. CHIPS was the second. El_Viejo
"Highway Patrol" was developed by the California Highway Patrol as a vehicle similar to Dragnet. The show did not represent the California Highway Patrol, but a Highway Patrol bureau in a western state. For some more info, I found this site that's got some good info. Highway Patrol, starring Broderick Crawford

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts