Hispasat or Pas9 and Cubavision

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I have a 33" round FTA dish, a CaptiveWorks Dual Ku-Band Universal Linear Standard LNBF, and a Viewsat Platinum.

I am trying to see either Pas9 or Hispasat to pick up Cubavision for my father-in-law in Central Florida. With a satellite finder I am picking up signal in the approximate location of where I think both birds should be, but the Viewsat doesn't show anything.

Should I be able to pickup one or both satellites with the equipment that I have? I know that I should get signal from the area, because friends of my father-in-law are getting it with other equipment.

Any suggestions?

well what u can do is set up the box for a universal lnb at 9750 and inter the right transponders I got that b4

good luck

I have a 33" round FTA dish, a CaptiveWorks Dual Ku-Band Universal Linear Standard LNBF, and a Viewsat Platinum.

I am trying to see either Pas9 or Hispasat to pick up Cubavision for my father-in-law in Central Florida. With a satellite finder I am picking up signal in the approximate location of where I think both birds should be, but the Viewsat doesn't show anything.

Should I be able to pickup one or both satellites with the equipment that I have? I know that I should get signal from the area, because friends of my father-in-law are getting it with other equipment.

Any suggestions?

Are you sure the LNB is universal? If so, make sure the LNB setting is for UNiversal (9750/10600)

Rumour is PAS9 doesnt have Cubavision anymore so you will probably have to shoot for 30W. Florida has a good shot of it (heck I can get it in Minnesota with a 9 elevation) ;)

Check thelist at the top of the page for transponder info and also aiming calculations

As far as I know it is universal, at least that is what it says on the box. Is there another way to tell?

I had the Viewsat set to Universal LNB and the Hi/Lo to (9750/10600). I remember trying TP 11884 as well. I used the SR-FEC
SID-VPID info from Lyngsat. Not sure what else it could be.

To be honest, I was trying harder to get Intelesat 9, since Hispasat is really low on the horizon, and there were some trees that could have been affecting the signal a little.

As I mentioned, I was picking up faint signals from both, but neither were strong enough to register on the Viewsat.

Could it be the LNB? Here is what I have Universal Dual Ku-Band LNB LNBF Linear FTA Satellite - eBay (item 320341802068 end time Mar-17-09 23:39:23 PDT)

I live in Melbourne Florida I have a motorize system I have also installed a fixed system for my mom in Tampa. Make sure you have the skew on the lnbf correct.
Let me know if I can help you I will do what I can. Be back on here later. Hispat is the one you want he will get many more stations from Cuba, Spain, Argentina and more

Any suggestions?

Shoot for Hispasat;)

The specs in the ebay ad state it is a standard lnbf, its written on the box in the picture also.
LO freq 10750.

The specs in the ebay ad state it is a standard lnbf, its written on the box in the picture also.
LO freq 10750.
WOW! Not sure how I missed that! I guess I had a blonde moment.

Probably because the title says "Universal" Dual Ku-Band LNB LNBF Linear FTA Satellite.

So should I buy a Universal LNB instead? It sounds like you guys are saying that if I set the Viewsat to Standard, and set the LO to 10750 that it should work, but I am just wondering if a Universal LNB would pickup the signal easier.

Sorry if these are dumb questions.

a standard will be fine for 30W. I've used standards with no issues

UNiversals just get the lower frequencies (10.7-11.7GHz) that some atlantic and most european sats use

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)